Help!

So someone ordered my item  I sent it off next day 10 mins later I get a message from the asking me to change the postcode on the EVRI tracking website I said no obviously. They sent proof of Evri emailing them saying they are unable to deliver due to the address and they have tried to deliver 2 times now and it won't work. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Help!

If you have posted the item to the name and address shown on the delivery details for the order,  which eBay sent to you when the item was sold and paid for,  then all is well,  you have completed the transaction correctly.

If the buyer had the wrong address / postcode  registered,  that is not your issue,  and an attempted delivery counts the same as delivery,  so just enter the tracking number for the item into any case the buyer opens for item not received,  it should then close in your favour.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Help!

just to add the item will eventually bounce back to you and as you arent a business you can keep the original postage if that happens. 

Another option they could try is download the evri app, input the tracking and have it redirected to their local parcel shop (not sure if the address can be amended in there) but they might have to set their profile to the "wrong" postcode for it to tie up then they can correct it afterwards.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Help!

As Tressygirl says is exactly what I would say. I have had the same as you described and it went as Tressygirl described.   All the best.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Help!

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

If the buyer provided the wrong postcode it's their mistake, but it's still best to try to work with the buyer to resolve it. Contact the buyer and suggest they can have the item redirected to an Evri parcel shop for collection - if the buyer doesn't know how to do that but can agree which shop is convenient for them then you could do the redelivery request for them on Evri website.

Buyer receiving item will be easier than having it returned and the time wasted on a return claim.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent