Evri is the worst of the worst delivery company i nearly lost my business on other selling platform

Evri have a bad reputation previously aswell with the name of Hermes and now they trading as Evri to hide the bad service my question is why Ebay allowing them to operate here its a bad news for ebay and the sellers im broke cause of them im starting from scratch again lost a lot of money in another selling platform cause whether the item lost or pictures with out fisical delivery and a lot more .

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evri is the worst of the worst delivery company i nearly lost my business on other selling platform

You should'nt talk to yourself on the boards. It comes over as a bit strange!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

hi all

i 200% agree i lost my business in tiktok cause of them plus they have a very bad record previously trading as Hermes and they still doing the same tricks they didnt learn by there previous mistakes items get marked as delivered with out a fysical delivery and more problems.

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

Of course you agree 200%, I always agree with myself 200% as well!

As for Evri, according to Trust Pilot they are not the worst, and from personal experience they are far from the worst (RM, DPD, Amazon all way ahead of them in the competition to be named the worst, in my opinion)

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Different sellers have different experiences of different couriers. Some find Evri to be good.

I think it may depend a lot on the local delivery drivers - they're overworked freelancers rushing around (to try to earn minimum wage after vehicle costs I assume) so do make mistakes and the setup encourages them to take shortcuts etc.

When a service is cheap you have to ask is it cheap because they've found ways to be more efficient (same service at lower prices), or are they cutting corners (worse/less reliable service at lower prices)? I don't think it's the first one with Evri.

I think eBay's postal integrations present all the services with their prices and delivery times but don't really provide any guidance as to the quality of the service nor whether the service is really suitable (if an item would be uninsured with Evri then suggesting to an individual seller that they could purchase an Evri label for it without more clear guidance doesn't really seem appropriate).

Personally I have had some poor experiences with Evri (lost/damaged items, unexplained delays, delivery photo so blurred it's of no use). I was only using them in limited circumstances: low value items above 2kg where Evri were clearly cheaper than Royal Mail. One of the local parcel shops often refused my parcel due to lack of space (shop staff seemed not to care).

As a seller I don't use Evri any more. Royal Mail parcel prices have come down a bit, I send fewer parcels over 2 kg, Evri's supplements for Northern Ireland and long list of non-compensation items means the small possible cost saving for me is no longer worth it.

As a buyer I'd say I get 2 or 3 items a week by Evri (seller's choice not mine). The packets are often dirty, must have been run through a dirty sorting machine. The parcels often have the external boxes bashed about. They are normally on time (3 days) but sometimes parcels don't move for a couple of days for no reason. Emailed delivery window is often pushed back once or twice during the day. My local driver has changed, after some teething problems with the new one (trying to hand me a set of parcels that weren't for me) he's doing a fair job overall.

So I would recommend using Evri (or Yodel) only in limited circumstances: they are cheaper than the Royal Mail Tracked 48 service, the cost savings add up; the items are of lower value; the items are hard to damage or you can pack them very well; non-urgent so delays are OK; you have a good local drop off shop; you can afford to write off some losses/self-insure so it's still worth it over all. Given that individual sellers don't normally have enough sales volume to average out losses, I'm not sure they are appropriate for individual sellers.

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

You should'nt talk to yourself on the boards. It comes over as a bit strange!

Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

I 200% agree with you 😃

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

@rjwilmsi wrote:

I think it may depend a lot on the local delivery drivers

As I've said before Evri and RM drivers hand me my parcel with a smile while Amazon just drop the parcel on my doorstep and drive off.

But......................

I had a recent Paclink delivery which is supposed/believed to be basically the same as an Evri tracked delivery. The but here is my Evri driver had just dropped off a parcel a few hours earlier. The Paclink driver was a different person who just like Amazon dropped the parcel on my doorstep and drove off.

So it looks like if you buy a cut price Paclink service through eBay, you are going to get a cut down service. Not the standard Evri service.

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

You shouldn't talk to yourself on the boards. It comes over as a bit strange!

This usually happens when the OP thinks they have signed into their other ebay account but actually hasn't

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

My apologies don't know how that happend.😊

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never had a problem with Evri / Hermes and have used them for years.
Our local Evri courier is brilliant as was the one before her.
All my headaches at the minute are with Royal Mail and our local delivery office who are struggling to get staff to work for them.
With Evri I have always parcelled everything so that it could be dropped from a great height and ensured shipping labels are well secured.

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

I'm experiencing poor service yet again from Evri. Since last Saturday 5 of the 6 parcels are still sitting in 2 separate lockers. I'm so 😣. I've written to the CEO (2nd time I've done this), currently being investigated but I basically want them to give me some sort of code to retrieve my items so I can repost with RM and refund my postage cost! 

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

@rayhana_wax_melt wrote:

My apologies don't know how that happend.😊

..... but some of us do. (See message number 8.)

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

This is why I think sellers should be able to put more than four postage options into a postage policy - so buyers can choose whatever service suits them with their particular local drivers. There's no one-size-fits-all solution. I need economy, faster, fastest, local collection and alternative carrier(s).

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

Evri is by far the worst delivery company, I do wonder why people keep using them , terrible service from a company, they should be ashamed but no one that works there gives a dam or has any pride in what they do 

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

It's a terrible shame because they have a good product but it seems someone is being greedy and not paying the drivers or staff a fair wage plus I understand the training is poor. The whole business needs a complete overhaul imo. 😡

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

People will keep using them if they have no problem with them.  Our EVRI driver here is fantastic

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

So jealous 😩😊
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

Evri are the absolute worst. I hope that anyone reading this, save yourself the hassle & use a different delivery service! Even their drivers admit to how bad the company is & I personally can't wait for them to go out of business because I'm convinced it will happen! No response from anyone, can't get to speak to an actual human being!!! They don't respect their customers so I have no respect for them!!!

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

We have little problems with Evri just the normal it arrives a day or so late, as another posted said some sellers love them some hate them a marmite problem, we used to have problems and worked out the cure;

lost parcels were due to damaged labels or labels pulled off during movement - we now print two labels one for each side, if one gets damaged the other will get it there. we lost 1 parcel the whole of this year - royal mail large letters I think are over 50

Damaged crushed items - we use the 'can you drop it down the stairs' test - as in pack it well so it would survive the rough and tumble of being dropped down a set of stairs, items returned as undeiverable we open carfully to see how good our packing did there and back

Late delivery, we send out on a 2 day evri but quote 3-5 days on ebay - this reduced the late delivery rate.

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

From a buyers point of view, you are correct - its down to the local courier.

Mine is the worst, after I complained because he left packages in the bin (and of course no card through the door) resulted in lost deliveries.

Then he started 'fake' deliveries (staying at the end of the street pretending to try to deliver.

Got caught out with CCTV. 

Then more packages went missing.

Now packages don't make it out of the depot. He has found some nasty ways to cause more trouble (changes the delivery address to the sender so ebay tracking shows 'delivered successfully' not returned to sender - this causes me major problems. 

All in all now I ask seller if he uses EVRI and I won't purchase regardless.

https://www.change.org/p/investigate-hermes-evri/psf/promote_or_share?guest=new&short_display_name=s...

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent