Direct Debit

Hi, 

I have recently sold my first item on ebay last week, and now today they have taken £2.94 out of my bank through direct debit. Why is this and how many times do they do this? What will happen if I cancel the direct debit?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Direct Debit

You sold an item for £50 plus£5.87 postage a seller fee is charged the second the item sells which is 12.8% plus 30p per sale.  You should have a higher seller fee here,  but perhaps as a new seller you may have had some promotion for a lesser initial fee?

As a new seller initial payouts can be held for 21 days as a security measure until tracking shows delivery then it is released sooner.  As you have no money in the Available section in your Payment Summary,  eBay take those fees from your registered bank account.

Have you registered for eBay's Managed Payments?  You need to do this to receive your payouts.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Direct Debit

You sold an item for £50 plus£5.87 postage a seller fee is charged the second the item sells which is 12.8% plus 30p per sale.  You should have a higher seller fee here,  but perhaps as a new seller you may have had some promotion for a lesser initial fee?

As a new seller initial payouts can be held for 21 days as a security measure until tracking shows delivery then it is released sooner.  As you have no money in the Available section in your Payment Summary,  eBay take those fees from your registered bank account.

Have you registered for eBay's Managed Payments?  You need to do this to receive your payouts.

You need to provide eBay with details of a bank account and have this account verified.  The usual method here, is for eBay to send 2 micro deposits into that nominated bank account for you to receive,  and confirm to eBay.

Once this is completed,  you will be able to list items for sale,  and receive payouts from those sales.

This will show you how to register for eBay's Managed Payments.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

If there is an issue with the registration contact eBay Customer Services,  who have full access to your account,  and can see where the issue lies and explain the steps you now need to take.

Contact them this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services  through the Contact Us link.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open between 8 a.m. and 10p.m. on weekdays,  and between 9.am. and 6 p.m. on weekends.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Direct Debit

That sounds like a payment taken for the postage label . 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Direct Debit

@williabaxte7 wrote:

That sounds like a payment taken for the postage label . 

Aaah wise words and probably correct !

I don't use eBay's labels preferring to give any business to my little PO.

Must log that amount somewhere in my little grey cells,  if that question comes up again.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: