Buyer received item broken but they are in Australia and deliver address was Uk

Hi looking for some advice please.

I sold a mug a few weeks ago, despatched to a business address in UK and marked as received.

Today I received a message from the buyer saying the mug was broken and they are in Australia- what is the process if the buyer has used a shipping firm, which I have to assume is what has happened here?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It was a third party freight forwarded in Ashford, so I'll be watching out for that address now.

Managed to resolve it with the buyer. Thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Was this sent to a third party freight forwarder or are you enrolled in eBay's Global Shipping Programme and sent it to their UK shipping hub (in Lichfield)?

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Whover sent it from UK to Australia is responsible. Your responsibility as seller ended when it was safely delivered to the UK address you were given.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

you are in Global Shipping and if the item was sent that way -

You need to be extremely careful how you handle this as you could be seriously out of pocket if you try to handle this yourself. Global is responsible for the refund, not you.

Your buyer needs to open a case for not as described 'damaged in transit' and you respond and you cite that according to Global T&C you, the seller, are not responsible for any loss or damage in transit once it has arrived at the Global hub.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

@greatlakes29 wrote:

I sold a mug a few weeks ago, despatched to a business address in UK and marked as received.

Was it Unit 3 Dove Close, Findlay Park, Lichfield? If so it was sent to eBay's Global Shipping Hub (Pitney Bowes) under eBay's Global Shipping Programme. If that isn't the address you were directed to ship the item to the buyer has arranged their own freight forwarder.

In either case you are covered but the correct advice will depend upon which of the two scenarios it is.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

It was a third party freight forwarded in Ashford, so I'll be watching out for that address now.

Managed to resolve it with the buyer. Thanks for the advice.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi. Thanks for mentioning "Ashford" as I've just had an "offer" from someone who appears to be based in Taiwan (or Portland, Oregon, USA?) and it is a TW15 1YQ Ashford address. Weird, I thought. I will decline their offer now!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent