ECP number not provided

Any sellers had an occurence of an ECP number not being generated when a buyer has chosen click and collect as their delivery option?

Usually the ECP number is included in the 'post to' details of the buyer's Invoice/Packing slip.

The only thing I can see different from the norm, is, in this example, it reads, Argos At Sainsburys, rather than the usual Argos In Sainsburys.

Not the end of the world as I added a note to Argos about no ECP provided and please don't refuse delivery.

We'll see what happens in time.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

ECP number not provided

I would check with CS first before shipping, or send it with tracking.

This is because in the past we've had a buyer not understand how C&C works and entered a C&C address manually at checkout instead of selecting C&C, hence no ECP. We didn't spot this which then resulted in an INR, thankfully we had tracking showing as delivered. 

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

ECP number not provided

I guess the 'You Got Paid' email confirms it was definately an ECP order?

If not, it could be someone that actually works there so they just addressed it to where they work.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

ECP number not provided

Thanks for your inputs Guys, much appreciated.  Looking at an ECP I have for today, I reckon the buyer had put in the delivery address manually rather than by selecting C&C which explains the lack of an ECP number.

I did ask the buyer if they wanted it sent to their registered address as there wasn't an ECP number.

They declined the offer as they are working and the neighbours won't accept other peoples parcels.

Heyho, each to their own eh?

Thanks again,

Belle

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

ECP number not provided

It won't be accepted by the Argos store without an ECP, so don't waste the postage money trying to send it there - they will refuse it and it will be returned to you. 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

ECP number not provided

I was speakingt to CS just this week on a not related to this issue Click and Collect problem.

In the conversation the CS agent advised its not unkown for customers to just google their local store and enter the address.

No ECP, to a click and collect address would be an issue, cancel and guide them to get it done the right way for peace of mind, No ECP for the store would be rejected/returned. 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: