Art Deco Uranium Glass Vanity set

Be aware !!  I sold a Uranium Glass Vanity Set, the winning bid being in the USA.  Unfortunately it shipped via Ebay Global Shipping.  The next thing I knew was receiving the information that the item was "undeliverable".  The US buyer also received this information, who was as puzzled as I was as, according to her, there was no restriction to Uranium GLASSWARE entering the US!!  Ebay did refund both the buyer and myself but, instead of me receiving a refund I would have preferred to have received the item back.  The addressed parcel had my full address details as the "Sender".  In no way have I been able to retrieve my goods despite my appealing to Ebay Head Office.  So, what has happened to my vanity set?  Suspect this will end up being auctioned off by Ebay for their benefit.  Has left me feeling very reluctant to ever use the Ebay Global Shipping Service again!!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Global shipping wont send it even though it is quite legal to send. In future change the customs label to green glass or depression glass. Or just ship it yoursef via RM who have no problems with it.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

The bots will have picked up on "Uranium".

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Why do you care what ebay does with it?  You received what you sold it for and the set ceased to be your goods as soon as the buyer paid you.

The disappointed person will be the buyer who although they got a refund, would probably have preferred the item.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@8525plongeur if you keep an eye on new listings for similar items in the next few weeks, it'll probably reappear using your photos and description as this is what normally seems to happen with undeliverable GSP items. Ebay flog them off and presumably give the new seller info on the old listing, or leave details of it in the parcel, so that they can just copy it over when they list it. You or your buyer could always buy it when it reappears.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: