Charged twice for postage?

Have just sold 4 items and thought I would give a go at printing my own labels for a change.

All good and posted earlier at post office with no hassle.

However when I looked the postage costs of £4.19 have been deducted from my final sale costs and also taken from my bank account so it seems I have been charged twice for each item so 4 x £4.19.

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure which it is as as i said was taken out week before then they said i disputed postage but i never

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

If you printed the labels via ebay/Packlink, the money is taken from you funds. As far as I know RM labels on ebay are taken from Paypal - so would go from either you balance or funding source (credit card etc).

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Correct the money went via paypal and from my current account, no issues with that.

However the postage costs have also been subtracted from my order earnings on each listing so as well as being deducted from my bank they have also been subtracted as selling costs.

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

I hav had exactly the same done to me i printed their lables and then they still tok out the postage again

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

How do I actually contact a real person as the agent bot is rubbish.

Can see there are others on here with the same problem so ebay need to answer why paypal is deducting the postages fees from my current account and then also taking the same amount as charges to my listing fees.

Thats the last time I use the labels on ebay as disgusting they can bill you twice and no way of contacting them about it.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

@denzils_uk wrote:

Correct the money went via paypal and from my current account, no issues with that.

However the postage costs have also been subtracted from my order earnings on each listing so as well as being deducted from my bank they have also been subtracted as selling costs.

If you are looking at the order details it can look like eBay have deducted postage from your sale.

What it's really telling your net proceeds after fees and postage have been deducted.

It's misleading especially if you are using the app.

On a browser you can select "view payment details" in the drop down menu next to the item which will show you what fees were actually deducted.

On the app you can find the hidden drop down menu to view the payment details at the bottom of the order details next to the feedback button.

You can also look at you payments page transaction list to see what was really sent to your bank.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/mes/transactionlist 

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

No it was taken and said recharge back as no payment details but they are exactly same as always so then to 14 pounds also

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

@1950dmg wrote:
No it was taken and said recharge back as no payment details but they are exactly same as always so then to 14 pounds also

Did you get the money back then?

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

One of my items that I have already had £4.19 taken from my current account. I know how things work and am being charged twice simple as that.

Amounts to more than 12%

What your buyer paid
Item subtotal
£40.00
Postage
£4.69
Order total
£44.69
What you earned

Order total
£44.69
Selling costs
Transaction fees
-£6.02
Postage label
-£4.19

Order earnings
£34.48

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Here's a link to eBay customer services that should bypass the automated assistant during opening hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/mes/transactionlist 

Let's see if marco@ebay  , dave@ebay  or katie@ebay  can help as well.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi denzils_uk, thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the item number, so I can look into this for you?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

hi item no are

thanks
Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Could you also confirm to us whether this is an error or whether it is is simply a presentational thing as @douglaspuglas posted earlier?  It will help with future responses.

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Not sure which it is as as i said was taken out week before then they said i disputed postage but i never

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

@denzils_uk wrote:

One of my items that I have already had £4.19 taken from my current account. I know how things work and am being charged twice simple as that.

Amounts to more than 12%

What your buyer paid
Item subtotal
£40.00
Postage
£4.69
Order total
£44.69
What you earned

Order total
£44.69
Selling costs
Transaction fees
-£6.02
Postage label
-£4.19

Order earnings
£34.48

It's actually correct; it's the way it is displayed that is confusing.

You sold the item for £40.00 plus £4.69 postage; ergo your buyer paid £44.69.

eBay's fees were £6.02; £44.69 - £6.02 = £38.67.

You had to buy a postage label for £4.19; £38.67 - £4.19 = £34.48

Your payout from eBay will be £38.67 but your earnings will be £34.48.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Ok thanks for taking the time to explain.

Guess I wait see what I get paid as on hold till the 10th.

It is confusing I'll give you that 

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi denzils_uk, thanks for your reply.

I am seeing two tracking numbers for only one transaction (Item 145581441483), you probably purchased two labels by accident, and this could be why you are seeing two charges for shipping labels. I was taking a look there, and we deducted the shipping label from the payment of the buyer. However, I do not see any other charges for that label. Do you see it in your PayPal account? If so, you would need void the unused one, and that way you would be able to get a refund for the 2nd charge since you didn't use the 2nd shipping label. Here you can see how to void a label and get a refund for it.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

I have already raised a claim for one of the shipping charges as I realised when I was packaging up that 1 buyer had bought 2 items so I sent them under 1 tracking number and cancelled the other.

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Personally I prefer to use Yodel purchased through 'Parcel2Go' as it's saving about 25% over the obvious alternatives and it's so easy to use and of course it auto links with eBay etc. Having said that Parcel2Go offer many other carrier options and my other reason is that the drop off point is open 24/7 and simply never ever closes, oh and it's only 200 yards from my home, so is super convenient.

How reliable are they you may ask, well I have only a few problems in the course of a year and if you see my feedback score you can work out that is a very tiny proportion. If this post saves you money then I'm happy to have been of help.

No I'm not affiliated to Parcel2Go, simply a happy customer of theirs.

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: