Adding Video?

I finally decided to add video to my listings, rather than just photos.

Uploaded one and it said 'under review'  - published the listing and video not showing - but when I go to edit I can still see video tagged under review

I believe it meets requirements.

Does anyone know what sort of timeframe this takes?  Only asking because I'll rephoto rather than video if it's going to take for ever to discover it's not going to be published.  And I don't want to start on the other listings I have ready if I'm going to have to redo.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Adding Video?

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

eBay's guidance page states : "Once your video is uploaded, it will be moderated and posted to your listing within 48 hours. However, it can take up to seven business days to moderate and post a product video during occasional peak periods. ", so I'd wait a while.

Taken from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-video-listing?id=5272...

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

The iink below is eBay's guidleines,   and shows how to add a video to your listing.

You can only add one video per listing, but you can use the same video on multiple listings - you just need to upload it once.  Preferably,  u]se a PC / laptop for this,  Chrome and Firefox work best with eBay.

Upload a video using the new listing tool by selecting Add video from the Photos & Video section: - The video should be .mp4 or .mov with a 150MB limit, or about one minute long - The new listing tool is currently only available to Seller Hub users, but all users will have access eventually https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/add-video-to-listing?id=5272

Seller hub is accessed here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/ovw

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

Thanks very much.  I completely missed the 48hrs bit.  Hmmmm - I guess I'll wait and see if the first one goes on, then at least I'll know for future whether to do it or not.

Appreciated x

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I was going to take a look and see if you have a video live on your listing yet, but you have too many to look through!

If you'd like to supply a listinjg number we'll be happy to check it for you. 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

Oh don't worry - I haven't as yet.  I've just checked 🙂  I figured I'd do the batch I photoed/videoed yesterday and then if they don't show on Monday I'll rethink and work out if I've got the spec wrong or something before I do anymore.  Weekend has come at a good time 🙂

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

that's me..... I was logged in listing other things on other id without videos 

though if I get it working on the other I'll start doing them on this one.

weekend definately cant come soon enough!

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Adding Video?

I have been using videos for 2 years or more now. They are helpful.  They usually take only a few minutes to be reviewed and published but, since Wednesday this week, they have been taking much longer. Certainly all of the 48 hours that is mentioned here. I leave my listings in "draft" until the videos are approved.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent