A question about working in a self storage place

Recently I have placed a reserved at lok n store (self storage) to hopefully help with becoming a sole trader & creating a business account on eBay 

I live with my parents and one the things they need to is to find out if the home insurance would be affected (from what I have seen the answer should be yes) 

however if I decide to make sure all sole trader activity is done on lok n store grounds would that mean it should not affect my parents home insurance (example - listing , postage & package , storing stock , etc) 

any information would be great 

thank you for the advice so far 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Even if you are storing most of your stock at the storage facility most of the time, you would still, essentially be running a business from your parents' home.

Have a word with their insurers - they may have to speak to the insurance company rather than you - and see what they say.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

As you are thinking of storing your stock in a Self Storage facility away from where you live the home insurance will not cover your stock.

See what is included in the Storage Facility regarding insurance etc., you may have to cover the insurance yourself.  

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Even if you are storing most of your stock at the storage facility most of the time, you would still, essentially be running a business from your parents' home.

Have a word with their insurers - they may have to speak to the insurance company rather than you - and see what they say.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

For a definitive answer to make sure that your parents will still be insured I'd ask them to run this by their insurance company. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent