70% Off Fees

l haven't had an offer from ebay for 70% off selling fees since before Christmas,I was usually getting them every  2 weeks.Does anyone know what might be happening please,

Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

70% Off Fees

papso22
Experienced Mentor

As a business seller (selling illegally on a private account), you are not entitled to these promotions.

Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

I'm not actually a business seller

--
Ann 

Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

900+ items ????.

Methinks otherwise.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

We can see what you sell and we can see what you buy.  You buy to sell, that makes you a business.

Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

@four_mid_able wrote:

900+ items ????.

Methinks otherwise.

And an average of 1,000 items sold per year. 

Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

I used to get them until Christmas then I was waiting, thinking it will happen this weekend but it didn't , did anyone received this weekend an offer 70% off ? 5-8 Jan 2024? Friday - Monday. If not hopefully next weekend, otherwise  Starting to sell with the normal fees 😔

Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

And my account? I have sold a grand total of 56 items in 12 years. Not sold anything in years. Mostly used computer hardware some clothes here and there. I'm a software developer. I like to buy and get rid of tech often. That doesn't make me a business seller. I've never sold multiples of new items or hundreds of items. Why did I also stop receiving offers last year?

You seem to be hell bent on this theory that all the people who have been excluded by ebay are somehow breaking the rules. How exactly does my account line up with that and your glib responses throughout all these threads?

Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

Your account history bears no resemblance to the OP's one.  They have 900 items listed and have sold over 15,000 items.

Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

@vfvsales wrote:

You seem to be hell bent on this theory that all the people who have been excluded by ebay are somehow breaking the rules. How exactly does my account line up with that and your glib responses throughout all these threads?

I stopped selling  around 2 years ago, I attempted to sell a mannequin last year which I eventually sold elsewhere. I had been getting the fee discounts, of one sort or another, regularly for years and this continued even though I stopped listing. To be honest, I never used the offers but they suddenly stopped.

I assumed the offers stopped as I stopped selling and wasn't using them anyway.

I am definitely not a business, but it's pointless explaining as there is an obsession with business sellers masquerading  as private entities which seems to be taking over every single thread these days.

It is come to the stage that  some people coming on here looking for advice  are receiving private messages from a member  telling them to register correctly.

truth is, no one here knows why the offers have stopped, but rather than abstaining from a thread  they now go to the go to answers: " You are incorrectly registered" or " The offers are completely random".

The glee will soon stop when people realise that soon everyone will earn less and hence spend less.

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

'You seem to be hell bent on this theory that all the people who have been excluded by ebay are somehow breaking the rules.'

Not all private sellers are breaking the rules. Most are genuingly selling unwanted items that they no longer want. To state that @papso22 is saying 'all the people who have been excluded are breaking the rules' is incorrect and untrue.

The promotions will probably appear again soon so I am sure that most private sellers will be happy to wait if they wish to use them. They are, after all, a bonus and not a right.

Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

Unfortunately, you are not informed. Please don't call me a liar when you have no idea what you are talking about.

And I quote directly from papso22

@papso22 wrote:
So far every seller asking where the promotions are has been a business seller (selling mulitple quanties of brand new items) that has been trading illegally on a private ebay account. You are no exception.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/70-off-variable-fee-promotion-for-sellers/m...

So yes, they are hell bent on a theory that every single person who is excluded has been a result of violates of ToS.

Get your facts straight before calling someone out please.

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

There should be a sticky explaining that businesses should be registered properly.  That might put an end to the continual " you are incorrectly registered" comments, and the " To add to the other 5 posters' advice, you are incorrectly registered". It has gotten tedious.

Admittedly, there are masses of incorrectly registered accounts, but they will soon be a thing of the past. Pointless going on and on ad infinitum about it.

Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

@victortardis wrote:

@vfvsales wrote:

I stopped selling  around 2 years ago, I attempted to sell a mannequin last year which I eventually sold elsewhere. I had been getting the fee discounts, of one sort or another, regularly for years and this continued even though I stopped listing. To be honest, I never used the offers but they suddenly stopped.

I assumed the offers stopped as I stopped selling and wasn't using them anyway.

I am definitely not a business, but it's pointless explaining as there is an obsession with business sellers masquerading  as private entities which seems to be taking over every single thread these days.

It is come to the stage that  some people coming on here looking for advice  are receiving private messages from a member  telling them to register correctly.

truth is, no one here knows why the offers have stopped, but rather than abstaining from a thread  they now go to the go to answers: " You are incorrectly registered" or " The offers are completely random".

The glee will soon stop when people realise that soon everyone will earn less and hence spend less.

Agree completely, unfortunately this kind of astroturfing is rife on the internet. I have no idea who has what sort of incentives to shut down the discussion in such a dramatic way. But it's clear that the responses to the many many threads on this matter are not forthcoming and earnest.

I don't buy the "the offers have just paused and will be back later theory either" as a few friends of mine still get these offers just as regularly as they always have. Something changed last year and like you say, no one but the developers at ebay really know what was changed.

Like you say, it just gives me more reason to give CEX and Gumtree my business over ebay. Which is a shame because the listing experience is superior

Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

You are quoting a comment which is related to sellers on a different thread which was over a week ago so you are bending it to mean ALL sellers from here onwards? That is not what was said so there is no 'theory'. 

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

@vfvsales wrote:

Unfortunately, you are not informed. Please don't call me a liar when you have no idea what you are talking about.

And I quote directly from papso22

@papso22 wrote:
So far every seller asking where the promotions are has been a business seller (selling mulitple quanties of brand new items) that has been trading illegally on a private ebay account. You are no exception.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/70-off-variable-fee-promotion-for-sellers/m...

So yes, they are hell bent on a theory that every single person who is excluded has been a result of violates of ToS.

Get your facts straight before calling someone out please.

At the time I posted that all the OPs appeared to be businesses who are not entitled to these promotions.   Also I have never said people have been excluded from promotions because they are unregistered business sellers.  I wish eBay's algorithms were that sophisticated.

Please get your facts straight and don't put 'words in my mouth'.  

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

I don't need any lessons from someone who starts a sentence with Jesus.

I will leave you to it to ponder your theories.

Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

I got one two weeks ago, but hoping they'll be another this weekend. I got the impression they were playing ball with it being after Christmas and wanting to catch those who want to sell faster. Seems like a logical net. 

And I don't know about business profiles, but if what you sell is under £10 then they should have different rates as a 15% or so marker becomes too significant. 

Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

I got one 2 weeks ago and was expecting one today as well.

But from what I remember they usually arrive in the early hours of the morning so I think we're probably out of luck for this weekend 

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

70% Off Fees

It might be tomorrow actually I've had many that are Saturday - Monday past few months. 

Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent