why am i paying ebay and packlink to send a parcel

i have notice from my paypal acc that when i buy a labbel i end up paying ebay and packlink EG : on 8/2/24

i payed ebay £9.00 then packlink  £3.18 so the lable cost £12.18 the buyer paid  £9.00 postage as asked for but intotal i end up out of pocket 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Hi jere-3827, thanks for your post.

If you purchased multiple labels for the same item, you can void the label you didn't use and get a refund for it. If you click here, you can see how to do this step by step. If you think you were mistakenly charged twice, please confirm the item number for the transaction in question, and we will be happy to take a look for you.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi, I have realised that for months and months (possible years) I have been paying Packlink via Papal linek to my bank account for postage labels that UI have purchased through Ebay; and then Ebay have also been deducting the postage charges that the Buyer has paid deom my payments.  

How onearth can I unravel this as I think I have been underpaid for ages and I don't think I can styill see all of the transactions where this has happened. 

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You are not paying double,  the lesser amount you are seeing is eBay's seller fees which are taken immediately an item sells,  and sometimes,  it's similar to the postage paid,  so you think you are not being paid for your postage,  be assured you are.

On top of fees you will be seeing the cost of postage if you are buying the labels through eBay, deducted too, so it seems you are receiving  less than you should.

See here, for the breakdown of fees taken and amount sent to your bank for you latest sales:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/fin/transactions

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Ebay show you data in (at least) two diferent ways.

1. They show you how much you have earned from a sale, which will have postage you charged on the listing deducted as well as the ebay fees.  This is probably where you are seeing the postage, but you haven't paid ebay this postage, ebay is simply recognising it as a cost.

2. Elsewhere they show you the breakdown of your actual payout.  This will be the item price, plus the postage charged, less ebay fees. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent