return labels - bring my label and dead printers plus responsibility

Me : Hello this product you have sold me is 100% useless, I would like a refund. (Value £12) 

Seller : Failure accepted. Fine, here's a label, send it back free of charge for a refund.

Me : I dont have a printer. I did have a £90 epson printer that stopped printing when I moved house even though I packaged it well. I bought new ink for it from ebay and it wouldn't print so you need to send me a printed label or tell royal mail to bring the label with the "bring my label" feature.

Seller : No reply

Ebay : We can sort this. We have booked collection for you, the postman will bring a label.

Postman : As you can see on my electronic gadget, there is no "bring my label" request.

result.... do you think you can all champion this issue until it is solved so we don't have to mess about any more please ? The only solution I have is to go to the local internet cafe and pay 50p for a A4 label to be printed. It is an inconvenience and I accept that, even though I shouldn't. But this is getting silly and has been an ignored problem for way too long. I mean, it's great you can sell royal mail products but sell them properly.

@ebay staff

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Don't worry @yourself. You don't work for either of the multi million pound companies so no one even remotely owes you a response on finding a problem that if solved, helps everyone who suffers the issue.

Ebay and Royal Mail are very ignorant.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

ebay are determined to make me go out and get a label printed, which i can't do

otherwise I cannot have a refund.

Since when the buuyer is not at fault, is the buyer expected to jump thru hoops ?

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

If you buy something in a shop, get it home and realise it isn't right, is faulty, is not what is pictured on the box, then you would expect to have to return the item to the shop.  That couldn't really be seen as jumping through a hoop.

You have pointed out that you are aware of the solution - to go and get a label printed.  Lots of small towns have a print shop that offer this service and my local library certainly do this.

Or, you could forward the email to somebody who does have a printer and get them to print the label.

The alternative is to not send the item back in time and forego your refund - which will make you even more displeased.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Why is it so hard to realise that the only thing that is missing is the physical return label that I have no onus to create ? You mention ebay doesn't sell anything. Why ? Trying to disconnect ebay from responsibility. 

Sure, if you go to town on a 5 mile round trip to buy something and when you get home you find it is a failure, then pay double cost and time to return it, should be compensated at least with compassion and assitance as a good will gesture for maybe future purchases. 

Or, just don't care. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

'You mention ebay doesn't sell anything. Why ? Trying to disconnect ebay from responsibility. '

Please don't put words in my mouth - I did not say that.

Ebay is a huge company with millions of sellers and buyers.

If buyers have an issue with a purchase, there is a process.  Part of the process does include printing the label that the seller provides (at their cost) to return a faulty item.  It is not perfect but that is the process.

Have you actually contacted Ebay Customer Services to ask them for help with your issue?

It may be possible for them to ask the seller to provide a QR code, sent to your phone, that you can use at the Post Office to get your label printed there.

Us the link below for an online chat or callback.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

1. I didn't put words in your mouth, I suggested them. Ebay has legal and moral responsibility. 
2. Ebay is a huge company. Irrelevant. 
3. There is a process. Yes, I am aware of ebay policy and how many of their fans and employees think it trumps law. 
4. Did you not read the opening post ? Clearly I contacted CS. 
5. I have no interest in QR codes and going to the post office. Again, as made clear in opening post and quote "bring my label". 

Again, ebay is terrible on this.. There are reasons I am not interested in QR codes and 3 mile round trips to the post office. They are health reasons and i should NOT have to disclose that given I am pointing out that ebay and royal mail have not connected the postal services properly so they can be used correctly. 

One thing I have grown to dislike is an ebay escalated employee on the phone sneering at me, interrupting me and acting like they know the law and when cornered they have to try and upset you so they can use that as a reason to put the phone down on you. 

One human life is worth more than any company. eBay employees need to start being humane when there is a simple proven failure instead of treating the person who exposes it, as a bad person.

And fgs please, if you are going to try to appear to want to help out as a supposed member of the public, read the opening  post and digest what has been stated.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent