buying from overseas

I would really like to purchase an item from a seller in Australia and on the payment page it is asking me if I would like to pay in dollars or pound sterling, which one should I select, also, are there any hidden charges if I use paypal, many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

buying from overseas

Hi andie08pandie, thanks for your post.

This is entirely up to you, and either way you wouldn't have any problems. Please note that the final price you see on eBay, is the the final price you will be paying for the item. So, if you pay in dollars or pounds, we won't charge an extra fee. However, it is of my understanding that sometimes different bank accounts or PayPal may charge a fee for paying in a different currency, so you would need to double check that with your payment institution as we won't charge any extra fees, it would be them.

If you pay in pounds, you shouldn't be charged by your payment institution, but again this would be something you'd need to check with them directly. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

buying from overseas

Hi andie08pandie, thanks for your post.

This is entirely up to you, and either way you wouldn't have any problems. Please note that the final price you see on eBay, is the the final price you will be paying for the item. So, if you pay in dollars or pounds, we won't charge an extra fee. However, it is of my understanding that sometimes different bank accounts or PayPal may charge a fee for paying in a different currency, so you would need to double check that with your payment institution as we won't charge any extra fees, it would be them.

If you pay in pounds, you shouldn't be charged by your payment institution, but again this would be something you'd need to check with them directly. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

buying from overseas

Hi Marco

Thank you so much for your reply, very helpful and much appreciated 👍

Sent from my Galaxy
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent