Valid postcode not working

Hi all, 

I've been trying to sort out the shipping label on packlink for a buyer. On the shipping label it says their postcode isn't valid. I've spoken to the buyer they've moved to a newly built estate. How do I go about this?' I've tried entering it manualy, copying and pasting alas it won't let me complete the label.

Any advice would be welcomed!

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Although I gave up selling on eBay some years ago, you could try doing what I used to do.  Get a decent pen that writes clearly, write the buyer's address in full on the package and then go down to the Post Office to get the postage label sorted out and paid for, whether you choose to send the item via First Class, Second Class or, in the case of sending items to overseas buyers, International Postage.  Once you've done that just stick the postage label to the item, make a note of the tracking number and upload it next to the buyer's item when you're marking it as having been despatched.

Finally, before you post the item out, make sure that you write on the reverse of the package "If undelivered please return to..." followed by your name and address so that you get the item back again in the event that the item cannot be delivered for some reason, such as if the Post Office cannot find any record of that address and/or postcode.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

What you could also try, is ask the buyer what the nearest `old` street is to them and get the postcode for THAT street, then print out the address the buyer is at and underneath put:

`Off Britain road UK1 6PE (New Estate`)

Chances are the postman will figure it out 🙂

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent