Tracking page telling lies

Ebay tracking page says my item (sent via Evri) arrives today. This is clearly not the case because the parcel was only collected from the sender at lunchtime today and it is now almost 8pm and it has not been delivered. Evri's own tracking page confirms it has only been collected and not even reached the sender's local hub yet. Why is ebay making false promises of impossible delivery times?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Just ignore them, because they are getting annoying! i`ve had 3 items the last week where the seller has added tracking and when i`ve clicked on them, a box comes up saying `arriving today`, which of course, they don`t and then next day, it changes to `delayed` giving a new 2 day window. Always Royal mail items as well, so not sure what Ebay are doing.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

It looks like, instead of just displaying the information received from the courier, ebay are trying to interpret it against the purchase date even when that makes no sense. I bought the item on Sunday and they're now saying it's delayed from an estimated arrival date of Tuesday 20th to Thursday 22nd, i.e. two days before it was posted. Unless Evri have a time machine that allows them to deliver parcels before they've collected them, that original estimate was never possible and it's actually on track to arrive on time so don't know what ebay are playing at.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

This a becoming a nightmare with ebay now, ebay are quoting buyers false delivery dates based on ebays EDD for all parcels sent, no matter what courier used.

This has been raised several times with ebay by many seller and even with the commmunity chat team on Wednesdays at 2pm. They state there is nothing wrong with the system. 

Just yesterday we received a message from a customer saying " Hi not to pleased due to the fact I ordered this part from your company because of the delivery time and it's not happened!.  Hopefully this item will turn up soon"

The buyer purchased the item late evening on Thursday 22nd February,  it was dropped off at the parcel shop for collection on Friday 23rd February in the morning.  The buyer was given an EDD by ebay of Friday 23rd February.  How on earth can ebay be giving buyers this date.  They had not paid for next day delivery and selected a free, 3 working day delivery.  I note that ebay are including weekends as delivery dates too.

If you look on the couriers website directly, the delivery dates given are correct (3 working days).

This makes us as sellers look incompetent and liars.  Furthermore, we then are open to buyers leaving negative feedback, through no fault of our own.

Please keep reporting this to ebay.

marco@ebay

Dave@ebay

Katie@ebay

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent