The ebay paypal option for royal mail labels isnt working

i can no longer buy ebay RM lables via the paypal option, it just says something went wrong. it worked fine on previous ebay account. ebay support cant help. ebay and paypla account are ok. you can only buy RM lables on ebay via paypal. so i have to buy RM lables at the counter which costs almost double the price 😞

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

You could buy your labels direct from Royal Mail and still use Paypal or card.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

The same is happening for me, for many weeks now, numerous calls for help, but so for, nothing resolved. Thanks

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

The convenience of buying in house as it were is lost when you buy on the RM platform, tracking numbers etc.  Going to a separate platform and typing in numerous addresses is a pain and can get confusing is there are a lot of parcels. Thanks anyway though. Lou

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

How did you manage to resolve this please? I've had this for two or three days now where I can't buy the postage labels due to a PayPal issue. I've tried updating payment method on PayPal but they all seem okay. I've also bought postage labels using PayPal directly on the raw website which is time-consuming but shows the issue is not my PayPal.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I brought up this issue to the weekly Community chat with ebay reps but dont feel it was really addressed, message no. 21 in that chat.

Usual response; "will pass it over & wait if someone replies... etc"  that usually never happens as this been going on & off for a number of months & it's still happening.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

One poster added that apparently there is ebay help page showing a setting where you can change it to pay from the funds in your ebay account rather then paypal unfortunately I was not able to find it anywhere.

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 16.53.53.png

Is there anyone who was able to find this feature to change that settings & can share how to do it ?

It seems very strange & unhelpful that all the other couriers postal labels can be easily paid for using seller balance or cards via eBay but not Royal Mail labels.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi, did you get this sorted. Mine is exactly the same. Still can't buy Royal Mail labels through the Ebay platform, stilling having to log onto the Royal Mail platform, which is a pain.

Thanks

Lou

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Hello, still not resolved, I think this is about six months now for me.  No one helps so I just continue to buy direct from the Royal Mail platform but it takes considerably more time than the 'old' way of just buying through Ebay. Very annoying.  

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent