Possibly overcharging on postage citing ' ethically sourced ' materials.

Hi there, so I've found an Ebay seller selling ethically sourced handmade Mexican tiles which are great. Tiles range from around 1.79 each with postage listed at £0.95 then £0.50 per tile via Royal mail 48. I had to make a few clicks to find out the £0.50 per tile stage as the seller doesn't make this clear on the outset, it just says ' Postage £0.95 etc. I ordered a preliminary set of tiles which cost me £44 and I paid a total of £59 including postage. That's £15 for postage I checked on Royal Mail's website and it costs just £6.59 to send any package weighing up to 5kg using their tracked 48 service which includes ' free collection '. Package arrived well packaged with a leaflet describing the history of Mexican and Spanish tiles I took note that they were the seller's own handmade tiles. The seller's location is in Bristol I'm in Bath. That's an £8.41 surcharge on only a small number of tiles around 24. Obviously I need a bulk load but the seller did not indicate that she would offer a bulk buying discount. Is the seller wrong to not make these high postage costs clearly evident on the outset? Why is there such a high cost being factored into the postage costs when Royal mail collects her packages from her? If she has had to pay large amounts to ship these tiles from either Mexico or Madrid then why is she saying they are made by herself? Thank you to anyone who can offer some understanding of not some advice.

Kindest regards.

Ben.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Possibly overcharging on postage citing ' ethically sourced ' materials.

I suppose there's packaging to take into account that costs money.

Some of your sellers listings say pay a maximum of £6.95 p&p on all eligible items.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent