Packlink - unpaid invoice

Hi, I have tried to use packlink for a parcel from Valencia to New Zealand and paid about 170 euros for shipping. Before we had even sent the package (a friend was going to send it from VLC) and while i was travelling in Vietnam - i received an email telling me to fill in a customs form within 24(!) hours. This had already been filled in correctly and was available to them online (they even included the document in their confirmation of order email). 

When the package was delivered to be sent a few days later this was also included on the outside and inside (as the requirements) and noone said that anything was missing. Later we get an email saying they need more information (i provided and they said they had all necessary information to proceed) and later they returned it to my friends home, and tried to make an transaction of 150euros from my account for the return of the package. 

As i didnt have sufficient funds on that account at the moment, it did not work. I blocked them from my account, and received an invoice which they said must be paid within 10 days. We have tried questioning what was initially wrong and how this happened but we dont receive good answers (or none at all). We believe to have done everything according to their requirements and have now ended up paying 170euros for nothing - and an invoice of additional 150euros for the return of a package which did not even leave Valencia. 

Does anyone have any advice or know what will happen if i do not pay the invoice. I will never use them again anyways so i do not care what they do with my account - and we have been returned the package so we have all our items. All help appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Packlink - unpaid invoice

You are in Norway and asking this on the UK boards where rules for non payment of invoices may be different.

Here,   if something is not paid , especially for that amount,   and the person is not answering several reminders to pay,  then usually the Company involved will use a debt collecting agency to retrieve their money, not sure of the procedure in Norway.

Maybe log out of here and into www.ebay.com  might produce a clearer answer of what you may likely expect if you don't pay. 

Personally, I think they will chase you for the money.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent