Packlink price for evri today increased nearly double

Went to print a label through packlink earlier and evri had increased from £2.87 to £4.45 overnight and no longer had inpost locker option so had to use yodel.  Think it must be a glitch as there has been no notification. However, on the evri website the price is £2.99.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 55
See Most Recent
54 REPLIES 54

It hasn't gone up. Some places are more expensive to post to via Evri on packlink such as some Scottish Highlands areas. 

Message 2 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi, I don't send to Highlands and Islands, but even so it was £2.99 to the same postcode direct with evri?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 55
See Most Recent

@pansy10cat wrote:

Hi, I don't send to Highlands and Islands, but even so it was £2.99 to the same postcode direct with evri?

It doesn't matter what it was on Evri direct. Some postcodes as mentioned are more expensive to send to through Evri via Packlink. It's been that way for years. 

Who knows why. Some are indeed highlands postcodes, some are other areas that with Evri direct it's the usual price. It could be down to a number of reasons including Packlink's database of postcodes that are remote and cost more to send to being wrong. It could even be Packlink's insurers charge a premium for sending to certain areas (Packlink get cheaper rates because they use their own insurers to cover damages/lost items instead of going through Evri). 

Bottom line, the price hasn't gone up and on the very rare occasion the price is higher for sending a parcel on Packlink, go direct to Evri. 

Message 4 of 55
See Most Recent

No, I am having exactly the same problem.  I send parcels most days with Evri on eBay Packlink and the cost is always £2.87 (unless it is to an out of the way area).  For the last few days the same parcel cost has increased massively to £5.33.  It must be a glitch as if I go on to the EVRI site direct, cost is still £2.87.  I want to use Packlink as it is all tracked, but not at that cost.  eBay aren't aware of a problem, but were going to escalate it for me.  

Message 5 of 55
See Most Recent

Very strange. The last few have been charged normally so must be an intermittent problem.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 55
See Most Recent

More than a month on and I am still unable to send with Evri due to the massive cost quoted.

eBay says it's a Packlink problem.

Packlink says it's an Evri problem.

Evri say it's a Packlink problem!

Is anybody else experiencing this? No matter where I want to send a parcel (0-1kg) the cost is coming up as £5.33 with Evri (previously £2.87). All other Packlink prices are as normal. Evri website cost is as normal too.  One possibility is that there is a surcharge being incorrectly applied to my postcode. But how do I get it fixed if nobody wants to know?!? Driving me dotty as Evri is by far the most convenient carrier for me to use.

Message 7 of 55
See Most Recent

Just had exactly the same issue. I have printed 6 labels and the last one is not showing over £5 and has only charged the customer £2.07 which I did not state on the listing it was £2.87

Message 8 of 55
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear that. Must be some obscure software glitch?  Have you reported it to Packlink?  I think the more people that flag it, the more likely they are to do something to fix it. 

Message 9 of 55
See Most Recent

Just saw this happen to me today, the price I'm seeing is "5.46" which is insane, and all the other options have similarly doubled. When I tried it on Evri it was listed as a 'location charge'.

Message 10 of 55
See Most Recent

Thats the surcharge applied by Evri for remote locations,very often Royal Mail will be cheaper as they have to deliver to all locations for the same price.

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360020876380-EVRi-remote-zones-rates-

Message 11 of 55
See Most Recent

Yes, I realise that it is a surcharge for a remote location, but my point is it is being applied incorrectly.  I do not live in a remote location, nor am I trying to send to one.  (That's exactly the response I have got from Packlink and they have failed to look into it any further.  They are just dismissing my posts as if I don't know where I live!!)

This surcharge price is what Evri/Packlink now quote for every parcel I want to send.  Even to central London.   However the Evri website postage prices are as normal.  It's just Evri Packlink that's gone haywire.  Yodel etc all ok too.  

I could send with Evri direct, but I like the extra protection and tracing that Packlink gives to eBay sellers.  I have been using Yodel for the last 6 weeks as it is the next cheapest, but it is a 40 minute round walk to my nearest drop-off shop and also Yodel don't give a customer signature option/allow you to increase insurance for combined postage, so in those cases I have to send Royal Mail at increased cost.

You can probably tell I'm really fed up with this!!

Message 12 of 55
See Most Recent

My price difference isn't as great - but it's slightly frustrating to have the original standard price of £2.78 via ebay suddenly go up to £2.94.  I've gone on to the Evri site to double-check using postcodes etc and it quotes £2.87!

Message 13 of 55
See Most Recent

Should read 'double-checking Evri site comes up with a quote of £2.78' (not £2.87)!

Any idea why....?

Message 14 of 55
See Most Recent

It's gone up for me.

Message 15 of 55
See Most Recent

Same here , cant afford to do that when i am only charging the customer 2.99. Going to use Royal Mail instead , insured upto 150 for 3.29

Message 16 of 55
See Most Recent

Hi there, interested to find out what the costs you are getting quoted actually are?  Is it nearly double for EVRI but ok for Yodel?  Reason I ask is last time I raised this with eBay (about a fortnight ago) they said their IT team had identified the problem and had fixed it.  They haven't!!  But if you are experiencing a similar software glitch can I ask you to report it as you would hope the more people that flag it the more likely they will be to do something.  

Yes, I have being using Royal Mail too, but my experience is they have lost more parcels than Evri have and it is much more of a hassle getting a claim through them than with Packlink.  

Message 17 of 55
See Most Recent

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Hi, I did report it and Ebay said it had nothing to do with them and that they were just a platform for the courier services to use and that prices were just an estimate.  I pushed it back to them and they said they would raise with Packlink. I was interested to read your email regarding IT when they flatly refused to accept any responsibility. 

I have reverted back to Royal Mail and everything is fine and I know where I stand.  I haven't had any update on the latest performance of Packlink until your email so I guess nothing has changed.  

Message 18 of 55
See Most Recent

Apparently it's to do with where my item is going
Message 19 of 55
See Most Recent

I really don't believe that to be true as anywhere I want to post comes up as £5.46 for a small parcel with Evri, whether that's locally to me or to major cities all round the country!

Message 20 of 55
See Most Recent