Packlink UPS measurement dispute 5cm over

I sent an item choosing Packlink’s UPS option which was delivered safely to the buyer.

Prior to sending I checked it was within their relevant limits for each side and their overall 235cm calculated max size limit.

Yesterday, six weeks later, I receive an email saying they are going to charge an extra £12+VAT.

According to UPS, I had exceeded the limit by 5cm (or 2%). Not on any one side, but in their max size calculation.

The email said I could dispute this but would need supporting photographic evidence of measuring tape against each side of the parcel.

But, I don’t have any photo evidence. When I measured it, it was within the size limit.  I remember it was close but not so borderline that I thought it would warrant taking supporting photographic evidence.

Exceeding the limit by 5cm (2%) seems a bit harsh. Particularly given their calculation. It practically means they are only allowing you wriggle room of little more than 1cm error on each of the two sides that are doubled, and the longest side.

I disputed it explaining I don’t have any photos because I was sure it was within the limits, and thankfully they withdrew the extra charges.

Lesson learned, next time I’m within 20cm (to be on the safe side) of their size limit, then I’m going to take supporting photographic evidence just in case. And keep the photos for at least six weeks.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Packlink UPS measurement dispute 5cm over

Packlink lol.

In other words "scammers" who make millions a year because no buyer has a defence.

000000.1p per transaction leaves the shareholders smiling.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent