Missing parcel and refunds

Hi.

Yodel lost my parcel, no updates for a week so I've started a claim through packlink and I have refunded the buyer. However I now see on the parcel tracking there are new updates and the parcel is moving again so it may still be delivered.

What do I do now as packlink will not likely process the claim and I have already refunded the buyer.

Yodel had admitted they couldn't find it and I have the transcript of a webchat saying that.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

If you have already refunded the buyer through an eBay case,  then if they do receive the item,  you are relying on their honesty to repay you.

They can repay via a cheque,  bank transfer or a Friends and Family payment if they have a PayPal account.  Or you can send them  PayPal invoice for the amount,  they don't need a PP account for this, and can pay by various card payments.

Nothing to enforce them to pay,  but most people are honest and would not want an item for nothing.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply. I did think this may be the way I'd have to go. Hopefully I have an honest buyer🤞

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You're very welcome,  I've had this once sometime ago,  but it did turn out all good, as said , there are more honest than not around,  thank goodness !

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent