Global shipping programme

Hi,

im a seller based in the uk and I'm signed up to the global shipping programme.  I have an enquiry from a potential customer wanting me to ship to China.  He's asking about combined postage.  Is this possible through the global shipping programme?

thanks

sue

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

papso22
Experienced Mentor

If he puts them in his basket and pays that way, eBay will combine the postage for the international leg.

You can't combine the domestic bit to the hub. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

papso22
Experienced Mentor

If he puts them in his basket and pays that way, eBay will combine the postage for the international leg.

You can't combine the domestic bit to the hub. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Will combined postage still be ok if the items all finish at different times?

thanks sue

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

best not to combine for GSP as if the items are different it makes customs issues a potential problem. better to post individually.  i had a customer ask the same but they didnt purchase in the end. i found this out from a FAQ page on ebay somewhere. 

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi, I did end up combing all 7 items.  They were all sports medallions for fencing so no problems 

thanks

sue

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Thanks, if overseas buyers want to combine two (similar types) of item into one package before paying, does the "require immediate payment" tickbox mess up Ebay Global Shipping's ability to do a combined (International-leg) postage? Eg can they accept a pair of messaged offers to get the items to the basket and pay together or does using immediate payment mess that up?

I read you could do a part-refund yourself from the Sold tab if its post-(over)payment but it would be better for buyers abroad not to have to pay double postage in the first place ? Thanks 

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

It depends on whether the buyer still gets the option to put the items in their basket, I think that would heed to be tested with a purchase as I don't believe there is guidance on it.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

The buyer did manage to merge all the items in to one package, I then
issued a partial refund
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent