Does anyone know the Royal Mail business URL to claim for a missed weekday collection?

Hello.

We pay for a Royal Mail weekday business collection and they missed the collection today.

Thanks Royal Mail!

Around a year ago I discovered that you can claim for a missed collection and when I filled in the details the website told me I was too late.

So today I thought I would start my claim but the URL does not seem to work properly.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/manage-mail/collection-deliveries/refund-form

I tried phoning royal mail which kept me hanging for over 30 minutes and I had to give up.

I have tried the RM website going round and round in circles.

I know RM don't like business claiming for ANYTHING, so any ideas as to the correct page / method!

Kind regards Simon

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Does anyone know the Royal Mail business URL to claim for a missed weekday collection?

Just to follow up on this.

When I phoned Royal Mail they went to a link and discovered that it was no longer valid, which was amusing.  They took advice and told me I had to email them.

I did this and received a reply.

===========

Enquiry Reference # 2XXXXXX3

Response By E-mail (Catherine Jackson) (10/04/2024 12.59 PM)
Good afternoon,

As per the terms and conditions we cannot refund missed collections where the reason is due to something beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation war, acts of terrorism, extreme weather conditions, earthquakes, fire, floods, epidemics, pandemics, traffic congestion, mechanical breakdown (including of machinery, equipment, and vehicles), any public or private road being blocked, governmental actions or industrial action and the outcomes of it if this prevents us from providing our usual service)

Regards

Catherine Jackson
Royal Mail

Customer By Service Email (Simon ) (10/04/2024 12.50 PM)
Hello,
thanks for the information, but as per my original enquiry, it was that we would like a refund of the fee, please.
Kind regards SImon

Response By E-mail (Catherine Jackson) (10/04/2024 12.47 PM)
Good afternoon,

Apologies I cannot see that we have sent you out a letter regarding this. I have looked into the complaint and can see it has been resolved and the reason for failure has been established.

I can see that the reason for the collection failure was due to a breakdown of the van on the route that day. By the time the driver and the van were recovered by the RAC it was 5pm, so there was insufficient time to attempt to recover the collection on the day.

I sincerely apologise for this. You should be receiving your collections as normal going forward.

If there are any other issues, please let us know.

Regards

Catherine Jackson
Royal Mail

Customer By Service Email (Simon ) (10/04/2024 08.16 AM)
Hello,
we haven't received a letter, so can you attach it as a pdf as this will be a lot quicker?
Kind regards SImon

Response By E-mail (Abigail) (04/04/2024 04.00 PM)

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email

A letter has recently been sent to you with regards to your complaint

Regards

Abigail Cornish
Royal Mail

Customer By Service Email (Simon ) (03/04/2024 08.06 AM)
Hello,
can we get an update, please?
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: