Do eBay refund fees/postage on uncollected click & collect orders?

Private seller here - I didn't know I had 'click and collect' turned on, and a buyer has bought an item from me and selected 'click and collect' from an Argos collection point. 

I have to pay for tracked postage to the collection point. My understand is, if the buyer does not collect within 7 days then the package is returned to me for free by eBay. However this means I would then need to re-list it and pay for postage again. Do eBay refund seller and/or postage fees if this happens?

They make it sound like click and collect is beneficial for sellers, but if if the buyer changes their mind they could just choose not to collect it and then they'd get a refund, whereas I'd have fees to pay. Doesn't seem fair.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You have to ensure that you put the ECP code <8 digit code> on the parcel so that when it reaches the shop they can scan/id it, which means they get paid <& don't refuse it>.

A code is then sent to the buyer by text / email so they can collect when they turn up at the shop.

Without this they can't usually collect plus once the buyer is notified then that's your job done & they can't open a case for item not arrived.

So many sellers don't know this as Ebay auto add it without their knowledge & that's why most problems arise.

Have a read of the help page if not already done so:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/click-collect?id=4180&st=3... 

In addition, if the buyer receives the code to collect, & then doesn't, they are not covered by the MBG, reading the below, however, if it's then returned to you, I'm not sure if the seller is forced to refuund by Ebay or not.  I have read that items are often destroyed which would cover you.

Screenshot (386).png

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi topeka_143, thanks for your post.

As a private seller, you wouldn't have to pay to list your items. Also, if the buyer do not collect the item and this is returned to you, selling fees will be credited back to you as long as you issue a refund in full. If you don't issue a refund, or you issue a partial refund, then the selling fees are not credited.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: