Can a seller change the estimated delivery date on original advert days AFTER the item is purchased

Is it possible for a seller to edit the original "estimated delivery date" of the item you purchased on the original advert entry, days after you have bought it?

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Can a seller change the estimated delivery date on original advert days AFTER the item is purchased

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if its a multi item listing the date will keep changing - look in your purchase history for the date that applies to you.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Of course.  If the listing is still live the delivery date has to change so that someone who buys now sees what their delivery date would be.

You need to look in your purchase history to find out what your delivery date is.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

I just experienced the same thing! I ordered a butter dish, when I ordered it said delivery by the 28th of February. However as soon as the seller marked as dispatched it changed to the 29th April. I'd also like to add I looked for UK only, but again once I made payment it says coming from china! I spoke with eBay and they confirmed all of the above and confirmed they are clearly going against eBay's policy. I messaged the seller for them to cancel the order but they didn't respond ( typically) . So I will wait now until 28th of Feb. And ask EBay to step in. This is becoming more common on eBay now. I've been with them 17 years, but considering cancelling my account. 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Addendum:

What happened was before I decided to buy I always check what the delivery times are on the advert/listing.  I bought the item and it was due for the 23rd Feb.  3 days later the item showed as "paid" but still hadn't been dispatched.  TUrns out the seller was away and forgot to post it.  They posted it the next day and now the arrival time was 27th Feb.  I swear the date had been changed, to not exceed delivery period.  I must take a screenshot next time, because this has happened to me before a few times and I should do it for evidence.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Thats not what I meant; can they change it a time AFTER purchase on the original listing "estimated delivery" so as to change the arrival date, because this has happened to me before when waiting for an item to come.  The reason for the question is to ascertain if sellers can  manipulate the "estimated delivery" date if they drag their feet about it and stay within time so it doesnt go into "my item hasnt arrived" and lose points, by exceeding initial designated "estimated delivery" in the first place.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Nope,   once the item has been purchased the  Estimated arrival time cannot be changed.

They can message you that the date is now different ,  but you do not have to accept any change,  and they cannot change it on the original listing, now it has been purchased.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

@jerkr_76 wrote:

Thats not what I meant; can they change it a time AFTER purchase on the original listing "estimated delivery" so as to change the arrival time.  The reason for the question is to ascertain if sellers can  manipulate the "estimated delivery" times if they drag their feet about it and stay in the time margin so it doesnt go into "my item hasnt arrived" and lose points, by going over the initial designated delivery time frame.

No, they can't.

Whatever dates and times are shown to you are determined by Ebay and not the seller.

But obviously, if the seller posts "late", Ebay is going to provide you a different delivery estimate based on the tracking data.

If you want to see what your original delivery date should have been then you should check the email you got to confirm your purchase.

Ebay does not forget the original date though, when you go to leave feedback they will ask "did it arrive by [original date]"

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Right, that would be what I wanted to know, OK that makes some kind of sense.   Ive seen the dates change from before and after Ive bought the item sometimes.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

I see, OK thanks.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent