evri

this evri firm is really a con. i have had them in county court. the driver left me a text saying that. your parcel has been delivered and signed for. i contacted the seller. and said that I was not home and I had not signed for anything. i had asked the seller to provide a signature, which they did. i got application forms from a civil court, and started a court case. once evri got the court papers. they had contacted me. saying that the item was found under the driver's seat. that would I accept their apologies. they offered to pay. £60 for the item, and another£150 on top, I accepted, but in hindsight, the matter should have gone to court, as I have had nothing but trouble with this racketeer. March 24. I had bought an item. after several weeks of waiting, I complained to the seller, who chased it up with Evri. . i then started to get texts, from evri . saying that the parcel has got damaged, and they cannot deliver it. yet this text was exactly the same as a few months ago saying that the item had been damaged. then it managed to disappear. last week April 2024. I bought another item a second week ago. still no delivery, despite messages to the seller. parcel will be delivered at such and such a time, but nothing. yet last week. before the seller had confirmation on delivery. i got 2 texts, saying exactly the same thing. that the item has got damaged and cannot be delivered, as the address cannot be read. this is 3 times in a row. to much of a coincidence.

i have complained to eBay. who say that if they get sufficient complaints about this racket. they will de platform evri from their site. futuristically, buyers and sellers alike should in unison seek just this, to request that. ebay rid ourselves of this atrocious company

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

evri

I do not use Evri either for buying or for selling.  However, when our daughter lived at home she kept the retail stores share prices high,  by ordering half the high street,  with Evri / Hermes  being the delivery service.

We have a Great delivery lady,  always on time, keeping in touch with me with  more messages and updates sent  than I receive from my kids, informing me always of the delivery process and time of delivery.  Delivered with a smile,  cannot fault her.

Evri service depends in my humble  opinion,  solely on  luck,  that is,  if you have a good delivery person or not.  You obviously have a rubbish delivery person.

All I can suggest then,  is when buying on eBay check the seller's delivery service operator and if Evri either message to see if they can use Royal Mail or another service due to your bad experience with Evri and if not you'd need to look elsewhere.

@mshute2012 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

evri

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

eBay say that if they get sufficient complaints about this racket. they will deplatform evri.

That sounds like eBay saying what you wanted to hear. eBay will be well aware that Evri has the lowest customer satisfaction rate of all all major parcel delivery firms, according to Ofcom.

The problem on eBay is that many buyers will go for the cheapest delivery service. Sellers who don't use budget couriers are liable to lose business to those who do, or even to be downrated for high delivery costs.

eBay's money back guarantee plays a part in this, as buyers don't have to worry about the problems with budget couriers. eBay makes the seller responsible for refunding them in full if an item arrives damaged, or is even a day overdue for delivery. It's the seller who has the hassle of joining the queue of sellers trying to claim compensation from budget couriers.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

evri

communication is key. when buying/selling over ebay all there is, is communication. this includes the postage, the more communication, things should become more transparent. with evri however, they tend to keep you in the dark. this is extremely negative, which is ultimately. bad for business.

nothing personal. This is across the board. whether you have a good end delivery person, or not. everything in the middle as well. they do not seem to know what one another is doing, let alone themselves. the majority is being affected.

postage is extremely important. without postage. i won't be buying from eBay, and neither will about 99% of people doing business on eBay. there is NO future with Evri .

personally, I think. that. evri are putting across that they are. up-market, but effectively they are downbeating the market. alright. you could say. that you have to have, a courier. true. yet look at all the reviews for other couriers, and see who is best. then go with them. even if it means a bit extra cost. you will,be saving time. maybe royal mail, but here is the kicker, above a certain weight, it becomes parcel force, who are not reliable. regarding communication. most couriers now, when you phone, answer with a robot. terrible. evri seems to excel in this.
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent