What happens if I ship late? Buyer is okay with it.

I listed a card to sell, and was going to delist it this morning because I am going on holiday this week, but the eBay app wasn't working. I messaged the seller and told him I wouldn't be able to ship it until later, and he said that was okay. I'm happy to ship it late even if this counts against me as a seller (it was my mistake after all). I'm just wondering whats going to happen if I don't mark it as shipped by the deadline. Will the order be refunded automatically if I don't ship by then? I don't want to falsely mark it as shipped obviously, but considering the buyer is okay with it coming late I don't want to refund it either. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Your best to post asap within the handling time shown on your listing,and you can post at your local post office,so don't have to use ebay postaage and services.

Shipping policy | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Posting within the handling time isn't an option anymore unfortunately. Will it refund automatically if I don't? Thanks

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

A refund will only happn if the buyer opens a "not received" case which they can only do after the last estimated delivery date on the listing.    The main downside is your dispatch rating may suffer.   An alternative would be to cancel the current transaction with the buyer's agreement (refund will be issued) then relist when you can for them to buy and pay again.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

No, a refund will  only happen as @**peaseblossom**  said,if the buyer opens a case of not received once the estimated delivery date has passed.

If you post late and item arrives late you will get a defect,so keep an eye on your seller dashboard for your performance standings,see here,Seller performance overview | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent