Verify debit card

For some reason eBay can’t seem to verify my debit card, they say there is a block on it by my bank, have spoken to bank and they say this in not the case and there is no problem with my card. What to do? Have tried contacting an agent but get that stupid bot thing that will not put me through to a live agent. Same when I ring, automated and will not let me speak with a live person, Any Advise? Apart from give up Thanks

dave

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Verify debit card

You do need to contact eBay Customer Services and to speak as you say to a ' human'.

All I can suggest is to contact them very first thing in the morning when the lines first open at 8 a.m. on weekdays,  and 9 a.m. on weekeneds,  there's more chance of Dublin answering, and more chance of the Call Back option being available,  and there's usually then only a few minutess wait,  to connect with an agent.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Verify debit card

plum993
Experienced Mentor

A couple of things you can try.

Make sure you entered the correct details,and the card isn't about to expire

Your billing address details must match your payment method

If you can,try a different device to verify,so a PC,etc as the ebay app on a mobile device is not as affective

Sometimes a change of Browser can work to

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent