Refund

Someone bought an item for £170 with £4 postage they received the item and eBay gave me £121 taking off fees, the person wanted to return I paid for the returns label but now eBay is wanting me to pay back £151??? Why am I having to pay an extra £30 when it was eBay that took it?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Refund

Ebay are refunding the fees they originally took - the figure looks about right for 12.8% +30p on your original sale.

When you sold, they deducted a further £30.

Did you promote the item or did you owe Ebay money for a refund (for another item), listing fees, reserves etc.?

If you find the original sale in Payments you will be able to see why this amount was taken off.  It is was for any non-refundable upgrades or promotions, then you had to pay that and do need to refund the amount your buyer paid.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Refund

Hi no I didn't own eBay any money except £3 to get the item back to me, so makes no sense as to why I'm having to pay £30 extra? I've had a look on payments and it's really not making any sense to me

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Refund

You need to find the breakdown of payments received and charges for the specific item.

Go to payments and click on 'see all'.

Find the item being refunded and click on 'view' to see the details of the transaction.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent