Postage issue

I sold an item and bought the postage through ebay, at the rate that ebay quoted for it.  The buyer has since got in touch and told me that he had to go to the osrting office and pay for the item to be delivered as postage had not been paid.  I checked and I definitaely paid for it. So I got onto enay customer services and they told me that I needed to tell the gentleman that he needed to contact ebay explain the situation, prove he had to pay for postage and they would then refund him.  He did this, they told him they would do no such thing. I have now had to refund him the postage, even though I paid for it in the first place.  And to add insult to injury, ebay have deducted money from the refund so he will not get the full amount I have refunded him... Can any one suggest how this can be sorted out?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Postage issue

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Ebay do not get involved with postage disputes, so they won't refund either of you.

It is possible that label fell off, I never rely on PO staff to stick label on.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage issue

Are you sure about the refund you made?

When refund is made through ebay you only get charged for the NET amount, ebay make up the balance with a part refund of the fee.

For example buyer paid say £10, from that ebay deduct fees, so you receive something like £8.70.

When you refund you are charged £8.70 and refund of fee by ebay makes up the full £10.

This is just an example but that is how refunds done correctly through ebay are made.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage issue

If you can get a pic or the actual grey card asking for postage you can claim this back from Royal Mail as long as you still have the receipt for post label

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Postage issue

You say you bought the postage through ebay, but you say nothing about printing the postage label and attaching to package. If sticking on it still pays to use selotape as well, as once label falls off, it would be a wonder if it was delivered. 

Did you write address on and attach the postage label?

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent