Not received an order, marked delivered

Please can I have help with this:

I bought an item from a seller with an eBay shop, they provided me with a tracking number. My local courier delivered a package addressed to me with the same tracking number on it and securely sealed, doesn't look tampered with. I open the package and inside is an item I never ordered together with a smaller empty bag addressed to me with the same tracking number as the outer bag. The empty bag inside the other package looks like it has been cut open cleanly with a pair of scissors.

What has happened here - as whatever I say my seller has an answer. All I know is that what I ordered was not in that package but something else was that the seller says is nothing to do with them. So how come it has the same tracking number?

No one in my household or myself ordered the item that was delivered. The courier was Evri - they took a photo of the delivered package outside my front door. How do I get a refund for the item that I did actually order and haven't received?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You can receive a full refund for this,  but you need to be careful and open the correct case,  and that is Not one for Item Not Received, so proceed this way:

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

@luisajl 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

As advised, open a return case stating the item  was not as described.

You may need to send everything you did receive to the seller - the item and all of the packaging and labels - so don't dispose of them.

The seller should refund you and then make their own claim against the courier.

If the seller is not being helpful, then you really should not message them again.  Just open a return and then send everything back when they supply a label.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent