I'd like to pay a kind seller who under charged me

Hi all I wondered if anyone could help please.  From the beginning.  I put in a last minute bid for some boots and won the bid. I was willing to bid a higher price but there were no other bidders which sounds great but i personaly think the boots were worth quite alot more than the price i paid .  The price included postage costs  but it turned out that the seller didn't live on the uk mainland.  But instead on one of the British Isles but i didn't realise this until after they arrived.   I was really happy with the boots when they arrived so I left the seller a positive feedback.  The seller then sent me a nice email back saying that the postage was double what I paid but he didn't want the money back  because he was really happy that his boots went to a good home.  But now it works out that iv had his boots for free and only paid the postage cost  😳 GUILT LEVEL 100.  Looking at his profile i don't think the chap is a business seller as he's only sold few items and it was really kind of him to even send the boots knowing that he was making no money for his things. Even though the seller said he didn't want his money back I think it's only right that the seller gets his money owed back to him with a bit extra but ebay rules say that I can't ask for address or payment details etc.. it's not nice that nice people have to miss out because of a genuine postage price mistake. Any ideas on how I can get this kind seller his money back to him would be much appreciated thanks ....         G.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

I'd like to pay a kind seller who under charged me

What a pleasure it is to read such a lovely post from someone like yourself, wanting to make sure your seller is treated fairly.

As you've been in a transaction with this seller you should be OK exchanging contact details with him.

So if he has a Paypal account you need his email address to make a Paypal payment. Or his address if you'd rather send a cheque.

Or his bank details to send a bank payment.

Good luck and again, how refreshing it is to read your post.

******************************************************************************************