I Need a drop list option of different weights that I am selling by grams.

Hi I am selling live worms and instead of a new advert for each weitht, for example 50g - £7.50, 100g - £10 , I am looking for a drop list option where the buyer "Selects" the weight they want. I notice this is available for  Yorkshire tiger worms. Can someone please advice me through the process. Kind regards andre

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I think you need to register as a business seller, private sellers do not need choices.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

The listing you need is called a multi variation listing, but it's not quite as simple as that.

If you want to list those you need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

Your postage method currently breaches eBay policy - you can't send live worms Royal Mail second class post, you need a next day delivery service (which will obviously be more expensive).

eBay's guidance page for listing and sending live animals (which includes composting worms):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/live-animals-policy?id=4327&st=3&po...

Sellers need to ensure that they have the necessary government permits and also guarantee safe, overnight delivery.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

See here Multi-quantity listings and listings with variations | eBay

Also look to upgrade to a Business seller on ebay so you comply with ebay  policies and UK law

Business seller policy | eBay

To upgrade:

1. Go to Account settings in My eBay.
  2. Select Personal information
  3. Select Edit next to Account type. You may be asked to sign in again.
  4. Select Confirm to upgrade to a Business account.
  5. Specify whether you operate your business as a legal entity or as a sole proprietor and select Continue.
  6. On the following page, enter your business information such as name, contact information, and returns policy. Then select Save.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent