How do I contact ebay if the problem I have isn't on any of the automated pathways?

I sold an item this week. The buyer was local and I agreed to accept cash. After he paid, collected the item and left,  I marked the item as dispatched I also marked it as paid. I asked the buyer to mark it as received so 'finalise' the transaction. The buyer is unable to do that and he also wants to leave positive feedback, but cannot. He wants to finalise the transaction as much as I do, but I don't know how to contact ebay to move this forward. We are both happy with the transaction, but appear to be stuck closing it off. 

I've added three screenshots which show: 

• 1x grab shows how the transaction appears at my end
  • 2x grabs (the upright ones that look like the ebay phone app) show me what the buyer is seeing

Can anyone help me, or my buyer, to close this transaction off so he can leave feedback and make it clear he has received the item. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

How do I contact ebay if the problem I have isn't on any of the automated pathways?

There is nothing for the buyer to mark ' As Received',  all they can do is to leave feedback,  though this is entirely voluntary.

If they say they are trying and cannot or don't know how, ask them first to perhaps switch if using the app to a PC /laptop,  and use Chrome or Firrefox to try from there.  They need to go to their Purchase History far right from More Actions they can see Leave Feedback.

They do have 60 days in which to leave it,  so can try perhaps tomorrow,  if they're facing a temporary glitch.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks very much for your fast response - much appreciated. I'll passd this on to the buyer. But I was sure there was a way for a buyer to mark an item as received (where the item was collected in person). I must be misremembering!

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Nope, no way for a buyer to mark as received , they can only leave feedback.

The seller has to mark it as paid and dispatched which is eBay's wording for a collected item,  which you say you have done.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent