Cannot/will not accept a return

I bought a used pair of size 9 Vans from a private seller however upon delivery they turned out to be size 9.5 and did not fit me. I contacted the seller explaining this and they said they were happy do a refund but did not know how to go about it. I tried opening a return request but the seller had said in his ad he did not accept returns so ebay would not let me go ahead with the return from my end. I explained this to the seller and said it seems like it would need to be done from their side. The seller is claiming they have no clue how to do this and will not even try. Any pointers on how to remedy this would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

If this is not just a case of ' does not fit'  that is,  it was described as a size 9 on the listing,  and on receipt the shoes are labelled 9.5  then you have received an item not as described  and proceed this way:

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply. Ok after selecting the reason it takes me to the next screen where you have to give some details. After giving details the confirm return button will not highlight so I cannot proceed any further. I have tried using all different choices of reasons but when I reach the confirm return bit the same happens. Does not highlight so cannot proceed. It's driving me nuts!!!

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

When you tried to open a request the first time, did you put wrong size/does not fit as the reason for return?

That is a 'change of mind' reason, so the case would close.

You can't then open another case.

Even if the seller is willing to have the shoes back, there is no security for you if you return outside of an Ebay case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Contact your payment provider to see if they will help.

You only get one chance with ebay, NO RETURNS only applies to change of mind, in this case it was not the size you bought so it is not as described, but too late now.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent