Brought the item overcharged for delivery £80.

Hello. 

I bought item from America ovocharge me £80 for delivery. If I send item. How much money can I receive? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Ebay do not get involved with postage disputes, it is between you and seller.

But I suspect you also had to pay import fees, which is nothing to do with seller,

they Don't charge them, carrier collects on behalf of HMRC. 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

If your item was over £135 in value you'll be charged Customs Duty.

This import fee is nothing to do with the seller or eBay, this is set by our very own HMRC and you need to pay it to receive your item (if you don't the item will go back to the seller and you'll lose your money). 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Itvwoukd have been very helpful if you had given some figures such as cost of item and postage quoted, as you are importing and at some stage you are going to pay either VAT for items under £135, or if over that amount Import duty.

This is nothing to do with seller, it is up to you to be aware that buying expnsive items from outside the UK and you will get some expensive taxes to pay. If the seller used Global Shipping, then there should be nothing further to pay when received in UK.

I assume it was the Oat Seed, the postage is clearly shown on the listing, so by buying you agree to the postage.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent