what have we been reading lately , any recommendations?

we havent had a book thread for a while

i have just  finished terry pratchtt's Dodger ,  again, only the 2nd time round

have Christina Hopkinson's  ' the pile of stuff at the bottom of the stairs' on the go , when i get chance  lol

and before that a stuart macbride and  sara paretsky  from the libary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 1 of 49
See Most Recent
48 REPLIES 48

Re: what have we been reading lately , any recommendations?

I'm reading "The Dog's Mind" by Bruce Fogle. I love anything to do with dogs, find it an interesting subject. Oh and Sheep of courseSmiley Happyheart

Message 41 of 49
See Most Recent

Is that Ben Fogles dad?

**********Sam**********
Message 42 of 49
See Most Recent

Im reading A Mothers Secret by Dilly Court at the moment and its very good. A real pageturner and i cannot put it down when i start reading it.

Woman Happy

Message 43 of 49
See Most Recent

i am re reading Snuff by terry pratchett  atm,

got a james runcie  to finish too - i chanced upon it at the library, and  found its the one that was on the radio last year, so while i know generally what happens i cant remember stuff, and they always have to leave things out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 44 of 49
See Most Recent

What am I reading?  This thread!Smiley LOL

I'm halfway through George Orwell's Road to Wigan Pier.  It's an old book, but I'm using it as a bible because it tell the cost of salaries and everyday items in the 1920's which is vital to a novel I am writing concerning a disfunctional family - namely two brothers who can't stand one another - heavy.  I write heavy anyway.  I also like short stories by Somerset Maughan, and Oscar Wilde, also Hammond Innes.  Oh, I've also read The Big Fisherman, by Lloyd  Douglas - takes a long time to get into that but it's worth it.

Message 45 of 49
See Most Recent

I am almost finished reading a 10 book set about wales and coal mining and ww2 called hearts of gold series by Catrin collier on my kindle 

and I am really impressed by the author .she is very good and I have enjoyed the books imensly .its nice reading and each book follows on which is good.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 46 of 49
See Most Recent

Following the last book thread, I read all the Deric Longden books.

Recently,  Confessions of a GP and Further Confessions of a GP by Dr Benjamin Daniels and Confessions of a Male Nurse by Michael Alexander

Also the Book of Etiquette for the Socially Less Fortunate by Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet)

I also have Confessions of a Junior Barrister and Confessions of a Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon, but can`t seem to get into those.

Photobucket
Message 47 of 49
See Most Recent

I'm not sure, Sam; all I know is that Bruce Fogle is a Vet. Possible, as Ben Fogle does a lot of animal programmes, doesn't he?

Message 48 of 49
See Most Recent

Yes ! It must be his dad then as he was a vet & his mum played the lead role opposite Tommy Steele in Half a Sixpence if I'm not mistaken.

**********Sam**********
Message 49 of 49
See Most Recent