tips for on line shopping

right i am going to do my first online shop tomorrow so any good tips will be appreciated .

i am going to do mr ts

we are still going to do fruit veg and meat ourselves so will only be dry goods .

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 36
See Most Recent
35 REPLIES 35

Allow your self plenty of time, write a list and have a large drink handy either coffee or alchohol,  the first time you do it it can be difficult trying to find everything, but you will get the hang of it, second time is much quicker, I have been doing it ever since it started,

If you shop normally in the store that will be picking your shopping, just visualise where everything is in the shop so that should help finding stuff.

Any questions I will try to help,

Captain could probably advise on the shopping/picker side, re subs etc.

I have both worked on the department and shopped online at Mr Ts so I will try to help, there are quite a few of us who do so between us I am sure you can do it.

If you worry about subs, put in exactly what you would like if your first choice is not available.

Message 2 of 36
See Most Recent

Yes, first time will take you ages but persevere because all the things you buy this time will show up next time and you can just click on the ones you want again.

Check each price as you order anything and that way you'll know you've asked for the right amount.  When I thought I'd ordered a kilo of peas but in fact had asked for only one pea pod, I would have noticed if I'd checked the price they were charging me.

It does get much easier when you get used to the site and know what you're doing.  I sit and do it while I watch TV.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 36
See Most Recent

Watch out for Delivery Time prices vary on different days. Middle of the week is cheaper than weekends,,and watch out that they dont charge for spending say under £25. Mine have lowered delivery times but add more cash if you spend under £25 i think. I think its new so i have to look at it some more.

Message 4 of 36
See Most Recent

Mine has just arrived. Excellent subs & other than a bruised banana very good. £2 delivery as their were no £1 ones left. Still very good value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 36
See Most Recent

yes, Ed and all the other guys have covered it all. Just remember that sometimes the dates can be a bit close on the salad stuff. Remember what you would want to have if your initial item wasn't available and tell us! that way we can be sure you get a sub you'll want. Oh and remember if you do get a sub it will be better than your normal order, and you will only pay the price of the item you wanted.

good luck and it will take you longer the first time but after that you will have your favourite list to click on.

check the offers first....so you don't miss out on something you'd like.

Photobucket

Message 6 of 36
See Most Recent

thanks all.cb i am not to bothered by salad stuff and dates as we plan to do our fresh shopping as normal .dot com is only for all our heavy bulky stuff like tins bottles wine beer ect

.................................................................................................................
Message 7 of 36
See Most Recent

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Message 8 of 36
See Most Recent

HELP  where on the mr ts dot com thing is the bit where you say what you want to substitute

Message 9 of 36
See Most Recent

I have never been able to find it either. Or on the Asda site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 36
See Most Recent

Thank you.at least I know its not me being thick.think I have done everything else ok.

Message 11 of 36
See Most Recent

Never fear Vicky's here,

go into, view basket and it lists what you have in your basket, first it says find a suitable alternative, left click on it then it says

find a suitable alternative (if you don't have a preferences)

the it says  don't substiture

then it says look for this item instead, when you click on this a little box opens underneath in which you can write what you would like.

I shall be here for a while, if you get stuck again

Message 12 of 36
See Most Recent

Thank you now going to have a look.

Message 13 of 36
See Most Recent

No probs I am doing mine as well so I have the window open and can look straight away,  Still doing Mr T's? I assume

Message 14 of 36
See Most Recent

thanks vicky.i laft nots for the shopper as well.everything done now and ordered .

Message 15 of 36
See Most Recent

Well done, now sit back and wait for it to arrive, also don't forget if you get anything you don't want send it back for a refund the refund goes back in you account almost instantly.

Message 16 of 36
See Most Recent

And if you realise later you have forgotten something you can go back in and add it on, so long as it is before about 11.50 I think, the night before it is due to arrive.

Message 17 of 36
See Most Recent

do you have to check it all at the door or what

Message 18 of 36
See Most Recent

The driver will carry it to where you want, front door, hallway, kitchen.  He will give you the delivery sheet and at the top you'll see any subs or anything they didn't have and didn't have an alternative for.  You tell him if you're happy with the subs, if not he'll take them back and refund your credit card.   You check it when he's gone and if anything is short, wrong, squashed etc you ring customer services and tell them.  It depends what it is as to what they do about it.

Message 19 of 36
See Most Recent

thanks cg

Message 20 of 36
See Most Recent