some people!

Someone took offence at our ID and reported us, we have 24 hours to change it,

an ID we have had since joining ebay in 2002

an ID that describes our business

an ID that our buyers search for when they want to re-order

An ID that the live chat operative told me was not allowed becacause it contained the word 'cannon' ?

It was reported because the 'reportee' decided it contained the word 'meccano'but if you look closely, it doesn't contain the word 'meccano' at all, so, come tomorrow, mecannoman will be no more, RIP 'mecannoman'

Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

some people!

i saw  thread on  seller central earlier 😞

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 2 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

it doesnt say  either mecano or cannon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

That is just ridiculous - where is the common sense of the people in "higher authority" who have agreed with this decision? So it's taken 12 years for someone to come to this decision? It doesn't even contain the word 'cannon'. Can you appeal it?

Sorry, Mecanno Smiley Frustrated

Photobucket

Message 4 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Going to phone tomorrow.

The live chat had absolutely no idea what they were talking about!

Message 5 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Good luck heart

Photobucket

Message 6 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Thank you!

Message 7 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

i wonder  if  mehcarknowmahn is allowed

Message 8 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Hello

Madness pure & simple !!

Your name does not have cannon or else & is a cool ID so what is going on here ?? I would call CS & see if something can be done !! hugging_kittens.jpgHope you keep your ID name & all the best when contacting CS !!!!

Message 9 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

What a shame, some people are just mean Woman Sad

I too hope you get to keep your name.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 10 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

PhotobucketFor The Life Of Me,I Ca'nt See Nuthing Wrong With It

Petal
Message 11 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

I really can't see what the problem is with your ID - it certainly doesn't look offensive to me.  Good luck with appealing this idiotic decision, and let's hope you win the case and get to remain as mecannoman.  If you end up losing the case just because one person supposedly took offence at the ID then I think we can all safely conclude that eBay really is run by idiots!

Message 12 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Surely it's not the person who was on the other day.?Asking how to report someone for breach of copyright name.This is really really poor.

I for one ,hope that sense can come through in the end.Though i'm afraid i won't hold my breath.

Message 13 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

It's so petty an offence, it's invisible. Smiley Sad

At that rate I can think of a few other harmless IDs that could also be in danger .

some people!

How ridiculous, nothing offensive about that, nor, as you say, does it contain those words.  Can't be that

offensive if it's taken the twerps twelve years to work it out!!  Some people are so stupid.

Hope you succeed your appeal.

Message 15 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Also, in this troubled world of ours, if that's all they've got to complain about I would suggest they

get a life and perhaps channel their energies into helping somebody less fortunate.

Message 16 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

in cases like this i wonder whether  someone wants to use the id themselves and the quickest way to do so is to get rid of the competiotion

so if you are made to change it  28=38 days down the line check that its not in use again

Message 17 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

There are some pathetic little Life forms on this Planet, calling themselves Human beings..........a Cross we all have to bear I'm afraid.

Message 18 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Just speechless...the world's gone crazy dm17YuJ.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 19 of 42
See Most Recent

some people!

Maybe you should report Live Chat for giving you two invalid reasons why you should change it and also for being thick as s***.

Message 20 of 42
See Most Recent