"The Deep", Hull

Has anyone been ? And if so, is it worthwhile going?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

"The Deep", Hull

Hi - We went a long time ago and did not think it was worthwhile at all. 

However, having said that, some friends went with their grandchildren recently and said they had a wonderful time. 

Hopefully someone else will come along and offer their views.

xx

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

I went with friends a while ago & we all enjoyed it . Its great seeing all the fish close up though the huge aquarium. 

"The Deep", Hull

My father lives 4 miles away - and eerm hasn't been Woman Surprised  So I slapped his leg and told him to get that sorted.

He says it has a great reputation locally and recently they have had an intake of penguins, which are a big hit and he says people are queueing up to get in (or were in the school holidays).

As for your OH,  tell him you want a Chanel handbag for your 60th, unless he can come up with a better idea - that might get him moving. lol Woman LOL  I think it's rotten he won't arrange something for you, norty man.

What date is your birthday?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

I went a few years ago and thought it was good.   If you're interested in marine life I can't see what's not to like.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

My birthday is 12 Jan, Rainy.

Went to Colchester Zoo recently and loved walking in the tunnel thingy where the Dolphins were swimming around and above us, which is why I thought I would enjoy the Deep. AND.....I will be classed as a "Senior" then, so wil lget a discount. Shock, Horror! Is this where it starts, LOL

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

@carolyorkie2010 wrote:

My birthday is 12 Jan, Rainy.

Went to Colchester Zoo recently and loved walking in the tunnel thingy where the Dolphins were swimming around and above us, which is why I thought I would enjoy the Deep. AND.....I will be classed as a "Senior" then, so wil lget a discount. Shock, Horror! Is this where it starts, LOL

I'd like to visit an aquarium with a tunnel to walk through.

I think you must mean sea lions, not dolphins. 

There haven't been any dolphins in captivity in the UK for at least 20 years, I'm glad to say, since they had to be kept in sterile chlorinated concrete tanks and perform tricks.

You will see some big sharks and rays at The Deep and thousands of other fish, and I gather they have a colony of Gentoo penquins now.. 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

Oops, sorry - yes it WAS Sea Lions. Will look forward to going to the Deep in January.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

I hope that you get something sorted for your birthday Carol.

I wonder if our new arrival will be four days early and be born on your birthday Carol.  If she's anything like Grace, she'll be late like thirteen days late!!

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

I was hoping, 2 years ago, that my Great, Great Niece would be born on my birthday, but she missed it by one day, she was born on 13th.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

"The Deep", Hull

I went to the Blue Planet in Chester, it was great! fascinating to watch all those fish. They had a tank for kiddies to put their hands in a small ray fish was in there, I love those fish, so I put my hand in to have a wee stroke of it and it nibbled my thumb!!!! I yelped with suprise and all the kids were laughing. Had a great time. My friend took me for my birthday.

I'm 60 and OH next year, there must be loads of us on here, maybe we should have a hoooge birthday party.

Photobucket

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent