online people you have never met

When the internet first came out many years ago, you know that awful dial up tone you had to go through, I met a lady in america, we have been in touch since, she is now 80 I would love to meet her but it will never happen as  both of us could never afford it.

I have been with her through good and bad times, photos of kids and grand children, she is a joy to my life

this may sound soppy but thats me, I also care about you, I may post sporadically but believe me when I say, that you have seen me through the worst of times. Never underistimate a few lines on a computer can make such a huge difference to a persons life.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

I have a friend in Maine USA, who I met online. We have spoken but never met. One day I want to go and see her, we get on really well, we email each other nearly every day.

It's very true what you say tara, I have met so many lovely people on here and I wouldn't go a day without coming on to see what's been happening. I love FHG!

and I'm glad to see you are posting again, I missed you! xxxfriends 2 smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

I've only ever 'met' people on FHG but I've never met any of you personally.  Considering that we are all spread out all over the country and only meet on here, we all seem to get on so well.  I'd be lost without this board.  It's good to have friends like everyone on here as we all seem to support each other when we have problems which is good.

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

Well, apart from you lovely lot in here, a few of whom I have met but most of whom I haven't, I have quite a few friends that I only know online.

I also have a computer software client in Johannesburg that I have never met - I always have to bribe a colleague to go and install his updates and do staff training as I am totally unable to get travel insurance.

The internet is a truly life changing thing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes Stroppy - it's a truly brilliant invention.  What would we do without it?

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

I may never have met most of you in person but you know more about me than most peeps I meet in R/L

You are always here in good times and bad to make me laugh, hear me cry and also share my anniversary's, buffdays and happy moments.

So I may not recognise you if I passed you in the strret but I am honoured to call you my good friends.

and to tara no matter how often you pop in you are always in my thoughts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

ive met 5 people who were  on the boards

i like that i can yak via the internet to like minded people

lots of people on here seem to live nearer the coast  or in the wilder bits of the country

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

I have no real friends where I live, so sometimes this board is a lifeline if I need to share a rant or a joy. Thank you all

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

i also only have a few very good friends in real life but class everyone on here my good friends and like stan said (i think ) you all probably know me more than a lot of my  real life friends.

it would be nice if we could all meet one day in a middle position to us all. can you imagine what the hotel/restaurant would say after we all left..bbbbbbbbn.gif

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

@cookiecookuk wrote:

it would be nice if we could all meet one day in a middle position to us all. can you imagine what the hotel/restaurant would say after we all left..bbbbbbbbn.gif

Yes .............................. "OMG never ever let that lot back here " ...............lol

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

Do you know thats the third time in the last couple of months that has been suggested.

I too only have a couple of close friends. So it's lovely to come on here a have a good natter.
Message 12 of 29
See Most Recent

i'm sure there was a mini meet up several years ago, but i can't remember who was there. i do think one or two are still here ?

but some many people got lost or left when things changed.

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

If we did all meet somewhere, I agree with the fact that I don't think that they'd have us back again.  But then again, we're not that bad are we?

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

Speak for your self....
Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

We've had two Welsh meets that I can recall - Brynteg was at both of them. A lovely chance to put faces to names, but it doesn't matter if you never meet, because the friendship runs so deep anyway.
Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

HERE HERE  mouse..and we can party everyday on here and only have virtual hangovers bopping.gif

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

I do have mental pictures of what I think folks would look like, but I am probably totally wrong.

You do not get many real friends in life, real life.  I have a friend in Swindon (my darling Angelina) and were it not for her emails and support  (and your posts) I think I may have lost the plot completely.

Tara's last line is so true.

Thank you.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

TPhoto_00001.jpg

this is me talking to you all last night from my beddy byes

I havent been outside in over a year, so my online friends are truely my friends

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

There was something similar before the internet

It was Prestel and Micronet and they had chat boards and a form of email called mailboxing

The screen was low resolution and looked like the old teletext pages

I met my husband on one of these chat boards, I was in Bristol, he was in Plymouth

I still remember the day we first met face to face on 4th September 1988

We married in February 1989 and was happily married for nearly 15 years until he sadly passed away in December 2003

Photobucket
Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent