online people you have never met

When the internet first came out many years ago, you know that awful dial up tone you had to go through, I met a lady in america, we have been in touch since, she is now 80 I would love to meet her but it will never happen as  both of us could never afford it.

I have been with her through good and bad times, photos of kids and grand children, she is a joy to my life

this may sound soppy but thats me, I also care about you, I may post sporadically but believe me when I say, that you have seen me through the worst of times. Never underistimate a few lines on a computer can make such a huge difference to a persons life.

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

oh mustard, how beautiful and sad you lost your darling  

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

@hightara wrote:

TPhoto_00001.jpg

this is me talking to you all last night from my beddy byes

I havent been outside in over a year, so my online friends are truely my friends

As beautiful as ever darlin Kate heart

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

Beautiful picture of a beautiful lady.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

I remember us having a London meet, most posters not here any more but remember meeting Peter
Photobucket
Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

Your very Beautiful Hightara!!!. Lovely picture!!.

Friends come and go for me online normally but im hoping the friends on here will remain cos im not leaving here. Your the best online friends ive ever had. I have a few friends but not a big circle.Woman Happy

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

What a lovely photo Kate.

I have a couple of friends that I go out for lunch with once a month and I have a few friends who I meet in town in a morning but the majority of friends I have are on here.  We all help each other when needs arise which I think is brilliant.

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

Hiya Tara!!! lovely pic xxx

I too have two friends here who I go out with but to be honest most of my friends now are on here. Everytime we move house you leave friends behind, they promised to come visit but they've just forgotten us now after 16yrs of being in Wales! I was annoyed at first as it's only 80 miles away to England where they live but if they can't be bothered to come then what can I do. We used to go back a lot to see them but it ws always one way......now I just feel hurt that they couldn't be bothered not even to send birthday cards now....sigh.....

but on here, well I love it we can all be as bonkers as we like, but I see a lot of peeps are going over to fb,  and don't post on here anymore....Hey!!!! come back!!!!!

Photobucket

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

What a lovely, heartwarming thread, Tara.  I am a creative writer, and took to penfriendship like a duck to water with penfriends not only in this country, but abroad, too.  I used to belong to a penfriendship club.  I've had pen friends as far a field as Scotland, Canada, Malta, and Australia so to me correspondance via the internet i.e. eBay and FHG was a natural next step.  People who have bought stuff from me have been more than happy to share a bit of their life with me, and vice versa, sometimes for several months.  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of my clients one-to-one, but it is quite possible to get involved in their lives.  People tend to open up to me when they know I can be trusted confidentially.  

You are not soppy at all in the fact that you care about us.  Please believe me when I say we care about you, too.  We may not correspond with you on a daily basis, but we have all, over the months built up a liaison with one another and as  somebody on this board mentioned, we sometimes wonder what we're each like in real life.  I'd happily meet up with an ex-client for a drink or three, but while there is a distance between clients, people feel safe.  Please do take care of yourself, Fred heart

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

Look at you my beautiful Irish chum heart  I'm still praying, matters none that you don't believe, God bless xx.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mamma.....................................
Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent