new glasses.....

well, I've just had new glasses. I got a pair that were half lenses so I could perch them on my nose and then look up at people talking to me without taking them off.

I've just put them on, turned on the lappy ...... and my old glasses are better than the new!! I can't see the laptop unless it's right up on my stomach!! I need to be able to see 18" away, which I can do with my old glasses.

If I take them back, would they alter them without me having to pay more? I got them in Sp*csa*ers

Photobucket

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

new glasses.....

I could be wrong but I think you have a week to go back, OH and I have both been back after a few days because they haven't been right and had them altered and they were fine after that.  I would ring them and tell them they are not right and see what they say.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

Definitely go back. They are notorious for getting the lenses & the fit completely wrong!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

thanks Ed, I'll do that. I can read a book with them fine, but push the lappy further back and I can't see!!!!!!

Could be a ploy by OH so I don't buy on ebay!!

Photobucket

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

if you cant use them properly at work (or your lappy)  id go back and say so

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

I get my glasses from Specsavers but I always have my prescription (eye test) done at Vision Express.

Never had a problem.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

The number of times I have had to go back to that particular opticians is beyond belief. There was one time I went and loads pf people were complaining. Is this why we always have to pay in full for our specs at the time of ordering them?

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

Oh definately go back Captain, they're no good if you can't see what you have to see!

I go to what was a local independant optician which has now been taken over by

Boots.  hubby's taken his glasses back loads of times 'cos they've fallen to bits,

however, the people there (the original people) are lovely and never fail to fix

them, often while we wait.  My glasses didn't have to be changed at the last eye test,

but they did keep falling off when I look down at my craftwork (which is what I wear

them for, and reading road maps).  They altered them somehow and they're tons

better, they never fall off splat in the middle of something I'm making anymore.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

I left it too late,,,but i wear my first pair of glasses for the computer and my new ones for reading. When i got my new ones year before last i told them i went on the computer but i cannot see the screen with them, i can only read books. I thought my first glasses and second had anti glare on. They seem fine for the computer, but i dont know what happened. When i rang up it was too late to change. I think you have to make sure you tell them you need to use your glasses for pc and books ect, and make sure their ok in the shop. I will make doubly sure when i get another new pair probably later this year.  It seems to be two very  different things going on the computer and reading book print.

Woman Happy

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

Rose I have 2 pairs of glasses, one with anti glare and one without and they don't seem any different to me, shant be bothering this time, it is only extra money, and I use computers at work.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

I agree i paid extra for anti glare with the first ones i had and i dont think theres any difference. Its probably just to get extra cash off of you!!..

Woman Happy

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

I ordered two pair of glasses from Specsavers on a Saturday - on the Tuesday I got a phone call to say one pair was ready to collect.  It was a few days after that I decided to call in to collect them, as I thought that both pairs may be available to collect by that time. 

Anyway the first pair that were back in a couple of days were not right - I could not see to read clearly.  The pair that took longer to get back were brilliant. 

I had no problems whatsoever with Specsavers.  They immediately sent the first pair back to be re-made and this time it took about 10 days for them to be ready.  I did wonder if the first time round they had just selected lens that were close to my prescription, but not necessarily bespoke for me.

However, I will say that when they came back they were also brilliant.  The staff at the store did say that if I was unhappy in any way they would keep on making them until I was happy.  Their customer service was very good.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

new glasses.....

I agree Fluffy have always found them to be great, I always have the same optician, (unlike dentist but thats another story).  I go once a year as my father has glaucoma, and when I go in he always calls me by my name,  the last pair I had were a little different as I had a divergance problem as one eye took longer to focus bit like a lazy eye so he sorted that out, but he said if I had any problems with them they would keep trying until it is right. Fortunately they were right first time. and I paid £75.00 for 2 pairs, can't be bad.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent