Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Your Kitchen Cupboard

what do you always have to have in your kitchen cupboards, you know you wouldn't feel as if you had a complete store cupboard without it, or you couldn't rustle up a meal if you didn't have this ingredient?With me it's eggs, feel really panicky if I ...

Office 365 / Office 2013

Has anyone actuallu used the latest version of Office? I am trying to find out if it is significantly different to the 2010 version. Work are trying to switch us to office 365 without any consultation and of course without providing any training in t...

CAFCASS

Has anyone had any experience of CAFCASS? Me amd Mrs W have applied for a residence order for our grandaughter ( sometimes known as Onions!), We are waiting for a phonecall from them to get our side of the story but we have no idea what they will be ...

User avatar by Advisor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Emoticons - How can I download them?

There seem to be a vast arrray of emoticons, but the only ones I seem to be able to use are the bog standard ones - this site being a perfect example - happy, sad and a few others, and yet some of the one's I've seen are absolutely brilliant - and ap...

They check out now and again but....

They never leave. I see our old Community Manager has got himself a mention?:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26663034 "We are programmed to receive.You can check-out any time you like,But you can never leave! "

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selfies

Seem to be the in thing at the moment.But how on earth do you take a selfie when you can't see what you're taking? When I tried I chopped off part of my head and I looked like a startled rabbit in the headlights LOL Is there a trick to taking a decen...

Alendrinic acid

any-one on it?is it worth the hassleabout a year ago i damaged my back lifting a childs motorbike (seat came off as i lifted it and i twisted)i finally mentioned it to Dr that i was only able to stand for about 5 min and walking getting worse(am alre...

Stir Fry

I have never done a Stir Fry and know you can buy the sauces but does anyone have any different ideas of what to put in a Stir Fry. I know Bean Shoots and Water Chestnuts or Noodles but is there any other things please?. All the foodie ladies may hav...

new glasses.....

well, I've just had new glasses. I got a pair that were half lenses so I could perch them on my nose and then look up at people talking to me without taking them off. I've just put them on, turned on the lappy ...... and my old glasses are better tha...

Perfect breakfast

I had a lightly boiled egg this morning - just right. It amused be because some woman wrote a letter in a paper that she was a cook for a grouchy old priest who was forever complaining about his food being overdone. Things came to a head when she sna...

perhaps someone knows......

why it is always me!!!!!had swelling in my calf over the past couple of days, measured them up and the right one was 3" bigger than the left!!!so thought I better get it checked. Got an appointment with the doctor within 15 mins of seeing her I was i...

Wednesdays wonkey wonders.

Wonkey wonders is for the message boards, all out of order. This evening we shall be partaking of chicken and bacon pie with mashed potato, peas and carrots, followed by lemon swirl cheesecake, courtesy of Mr. T meal deal. I am not going to my usual ...

Is everyone's Home looking wonderful??? Or ....

I'm convinced they probably are, but try as I might I never seem to have everywhere uncluttered, tidy and clean. I would love to walk into any room, and see it looking like other people's homes. There seems to be so many jobs, but never looks streaml...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

GAWD!!!!!!

don't ya just hate it when you arrange to go out for a coffee with a friend, you get all done up, sit and wait as it's now 10am and you arranged for that time. 11am and you are still waiting....it's now 1pm and there still isn't any sign of her. Well...

Waiting

Waiting for the phone to ring from the delivery company to tell me what time they are coming with my new bed. I have been given the time 7am to 7pm, I have been up since 6am moving stuff in the bedroom so I can get the new bed in. Can't vaccuum yet a...

Mammograms?.

After hitting fifty i was told by a friend that you are called in your fiftieth year at some point to have a Mammogram if you have not previously had one that is. Can anyone tell me if this will happen or does anyone know any different?. Thanks ladie...