iPad

Why oh why when I type in & does it on occasions follow with amp , it's bloomin annoying?

**********Sam**********
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

iPad

Sorry I can't help you with that, Sam, but I did wonder what the "amp" was all about, LOL Have you asked the question on Google or anything, to try to solve it?

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

It's stopped doing it again now ,it seems to have a life of it's own every so often it breaks out with this amp after & , then disappears again? Gremlins!!!.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

My iPad has a life of its own and types in some very odd things which bear no resemblance to what I enter ...... I sometimes suffer from " amp " too....its very odd.
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

lol. I'm glad to hear it's not just me then!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

Never have used iPads........ but could the 'amp' be abbreviation for Ampersand = @ symbol ? .  Just a thought.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

Lord! I've no idea but it's a thought, but why does it choose to do it on odd occasions, it did it on a couple of posts & then went back to normal ? I wonder if throwing the bloomin thing against the wall would cure it?. Trouble is it's a lot more handy than a lap top as I can take it with me wherever I go as long as there's a signal, I even carry a spare pay as you go dongle in case I need it!.

**********Sam**********
Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

if I'm typing on this laptop sometimes it highlights all the text and if I'm not careful it will have a hissy fit and delete everything!!!!

It must be something to do with leaning on the front of the laptop, it drives me nuts...

Photobucket

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

I must confess I very rarely use my laptop now CB , even with all the annoying things with the iPad it's easier for me being on the move all the time!.

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

iPad

@captainbovine wrote:

if I'm typing on this laptop sometimes it highlights all the text and if I'm not careful it will have a hissy fit and delete everything!!!!

It must be something to do with leaning on the front of the laptop, it drives me nuts...

you should be able to  disable the touchpad to stop that happening capt.B  especially if you only use a mouse

its in the  settings pointers section

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent