how old are you

just found this video from my home town....... conkers are now banned in our schools.... do you remember putting them in the airying cupboard/hotpress to dry out.

bit before my time 1954

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=726833380741256&set=vb.270098499748082&type=2&theater

Message 1 of 38
See Most Recent
37 REPLIES 37

how old are you

Hello

So sweet !!

Must be a nice journey for you down memory lanes !!

I was not born as of yet Woman Wink

Thank you for the link !!

Message 2 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I'm almost 53 - we used to do allsorts of stuff that would almost certainly be banned now

and we survived to tell the tale!

Message 3 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

gorillawolves our kids dont even know about conkers, hop scotch, playing ball up the wall, swinging from the lamp-posts and my favourite swinging from trees over ditches on an old tyre.

Message 4 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I am 54 I used to play conkers and we had a den in the fields behind the house we used to go there after breakfast and come back for tea.
Message 5 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I'm 55, I was always up a tree, a proper tom boy.

Marbles, conkers, french skipping and biking down steep hills.......lovely xxx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

how old are you

I am 65 and remember playing conkers, marbles, skipping, hula hoops

I bet they are not allowed to even run around in the playground

Do they still play rounders, netball etc and do PE

Photobucket
Message 7 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

Those were the days eh not a care in the world, boys were mates not boyfriends, places to explore. In the summer we were out from dawn til dusk only stopping for food. On our bikes up trees I too was a tomboy. We would go to the farm and help shoo in the cows or play with the piglets. Lordy health and safety would have a fit today. My son never got to do anything like that.
Message 8 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I was a tom boy as well.

Made a cart from planks and old wheels.

Couldnt be bothered with dolls, preferred my brothers train set.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I'm 56 and I remember conkers and marbles.  Girls and boys all played together and we'd get up to all sorts of mischief.  I also remember playing hopscotch.  When Steph was about 9, we taught her and her friends how to play hopscotch.  They thought it was great.  All we got was 'did you really play that when you were young?'  I think a lot of the fun has gone now which is sad.

Message 10 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I do agree, children have far too much choice where toys and dare I say it, computers and technology is concerned. Although they have there place in society I think they are used far too much, children are pampered to far too much....even spoilt.

We made our own fun and games, we were more resourceful and..we were much healthier too.  xx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

how old are you

Just turned 54, I remember conkers, skipping, whip& top, hopscotch, leap frog, riding horses without a saddle & only a headcoller ,barefoot & without a riding hat, jumping on the hay & straw bales, all things health n safety would have a fit over, does make you wonder how we survived, we crammed everything into school holidays .i don't ever remember having toys bought for me& I certainly can't ever remember saying I was bored , which seems to be the cry of the kiddies today.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I only ever had toys for my birthday and Christmas.  I don't feel like I missed out on anything.  When I was young, there was only my dad's wage coming in and my mum made nearly all of my clothes.  I don't feel that I missed out on anything and I had good upbringing.

Message 13 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

It depends. It's like wall walking.  People don't.  Daughter was disgusted to see me teaching Sproglet to walk along the wall outside the Civic.  Mainly because I was up there too.  LOL I mean why did they put a wide flat topped 6" high wall around the grass areas if we are not meant to walk on it.  I did notice that all the other children(and parents) in sight were walking nicely along the pavement - sorry, BORING!.

Then there were the conkers - think we lost most of them on the bus, they are probably rolling round under the seats still.

Sproglet is getting a good education on Fridays LOL.

Reprobate, aren't I.

Message 14 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

@**forum-decorum** wrote:

I do agree, children have far too much choice where toys and dare I say it, computers and technology is concerned. Although they have there place in society I think they are used far too much, children are pampered to far too much....even spoilt.

We made our own fun and games, we were more resourceful and..we were much healthier too.  xx

And most importantly, we were HAPPY! I never remember saying I was bored. (I'm 59 by the way)

Message 15 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

I just asked my mother if she remembers me saying I was bored and she said yes when it was raining and I couldn't go outside.
Message 16 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

agree with Ed, and Saasher, everything you said was true for me too.

If health and safety saw our gang getting up to mischief, they'd of had a fit hahahaaaa

oh they were the days............

Photobucket

Message 17 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

Too true.  Elf and Safety would definitely have a hissy fit wouldn't they?

Message 18 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

agree with everything that's been said  i'm 56 do you notice we're all similar ages

Message 19 of 38
See Most Recent

how old are you

Indeed I did, they don't make em like us anymore do they! 😊
Mind you its perhaps as well really! 😂

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 38
See Most Recent