has anyone ever pulled a chest muscle?

I think that's what I've done...doctor is treating me for reflux (go figure!) because my gastritis has kicked off again mainly because I've pulled this muscle. Gawd it hurts, and of course swinging that hoooge trolley around at work doesn't help!

I would like to know if anyone has, what your symptoms were.

Photobucket

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

I have an hiatus hernia which gives excruiating chest pain, reflux and gastritus problems so it sounds like it may be that Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

oh I remember when I had the endoscopy's they said I had polyps in the stomach and a hyatus hernia.....oh wonderous joy!

Photobucket

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

I've never had a pulled chest muscle but it does sound painful.  Hopefully, you will soon feel better CB.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Yes I bloomin have must be 30 years ago left hand side behind my you know what. Thought I was having a heart attack, I could hardly breath for the pain, I went to a and e and felt a right charley when they said I had pulled a chest muscle. It was very scary at that age.

Hope it gets better soon CB you are off again soon aren't you. Rest rest and more rest for you lady.
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Never had a pulled chest muscle so can't help with the symptoms

however

given the job that you do, this sounds like an "industrial injury" to me - I would advise ensuring that it is logged in the accident book at work.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

hhhhmmm never thought of that....thanks Stroppy!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

ive a friend  thats coughed so much lately her doc has said she now has  this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costochondritis

and shes been resting all day with a hot water bottle and the tv remote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Pulled a chest muscle (right hand side) about 4 months ago so I can sympathise with you.

The following worked for me:

A 'wheaty bag' over the area that has the pain, rub peppermint oil over the area to relieve the inflammation and ease the muscle, chew a large piece of crystalised gingwer after any meal to aid digestion and stop any strain on the muscles and deep breating excercises to excersise the muscle and assist healing.

Took about 3 weeks but t worked.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Ed, those symptoms were spot on that''s just what it's like...

yes, I have 5 more days off this week coming so maybe that will rest it for me. Gawd, it doesn't half hurt when I breathe out!!!

Photobucket

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent