eating sensibly for once

After gorging myself on all those strawberries and whipped double cream the other day (had it's effect - don't ask:this is a family forum smileylol:) trying to eat something rather more sensible.  Settled for a small tin of pilchards with one tomato and a few icegerg lettuce leaves - lovely,   And no oil.  That's the way to do it. Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

eating sensibly for once

My hubby loves pilchards in tomato sauce.  He usually has them with salad or in a sandwich or sometimes I mash them up and spread them thickly on toast.  Very tasty.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

I love pilchards I can eat them anytime & on anything.

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

I've never tried pilchards but I'm a bit fussy when it comes to fish.  I like fresh salmon, cod and haddock.  I'm rather partial to prawns as well but that's about it with me and fish.

Well done Frederick.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

You should try rainbow trout Chris, it's similar to salmon, perhaps a slighty more delicate flavour.  I love them.

I always open the pilchards and take the bone out and the roe and scrape off any fins that I can see.  My daughter does that then she scrapes off all the skin  and then washes these tiny bits of aneamic looking fish under the tap.  I wouldn't say she's fussy but....................Woman LOL

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

Love rainbow trout, more flavour than salmon,

I have to be in the mood for pilchards.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

Mmmmm sounds nice Fred,,,the strawberries are good for you but whipped cream is questionable ha ha.

I like the Pilchards in Tomato sauce or salmon really. Im fussy with what fish i eat. Not a real fishy person Hee Hee!!

Enjoy Fred and mind that whipped cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!Woman WinkWoman LOL

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

well done Frederick, it's good to eat sensibly now and again. I love pilchards and salad so am now sitting here fancying some but the shops are shut. I love all fish and seafood which is just as well as we live on the coast.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

eating sensibly for once

Very fond of all fish. Pilchards on toast are lovely with pepper & vinegar. I mash up the whole lot, bones & all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent