computers!!!!!

all night I struggled trying to get online, I managed for one post and pppfffttt!!...gone

I hope today may be better....have no idea what's wrong with the flippin' thing

Photobucket

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

computers!!!!!

I can empathise Captain, last night I was just clicking on the buy button to buy a very, very pretty

necklace from an online craft shop and down went the internet.  When it came back just a few minutes

later, somebody else had bought it.  Poo I thought and I still think that now a bit!

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

My internet connection went down three times in less than a week but it's sorted now thankfully.  Hope that everyone with internet problems soon get sorted.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

While you should never turn your router off it is a good idea to reboot it once a month to refresh the settings.

To do this all you need to do is turn your router off at the mains, wait 2 minutes and then switch it back on again.

I have been doing this for nearly 8 years and have never had an outage so it seems to work.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

My router has a restart button on the side, and I use that whenever my internet goes down.

Usually does the trick

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

OH's computer was online, and his hudl I think it's this laptop never has been quite right since we bought it new. Anyhoo OH reset the settings for the router and now it seems to be going OK. wait until tonight I bet it gets the hump then!!!!!!

Photobucket

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

Captain do you have a number to ring to find out if there are any problems in your area we gave one and it is automated and gives you a list of places in your area that have problems.
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

Captain - if the lap-top has never been "right" you really should contact the retailer / manufacturer and get it looked at under guarantee.

How old is your router - it can make a huge difference replacing an elderly router. Older routers and new lap-tops are not always an ideal combination.

What version of Windows 8 are you using? If you are using the original Windows 8 it is well worth downloading the new Windows 8.1 as it does fix quite a few problems.

Do you have a university near you - if so contact the IT department and see if there is a "geek" who could pay a visit and advise you how to optimise settings. I usually "adopt" a student who sorts everything out for me in exchange for meals and laundry.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

Fishie, if the necklace was that nice, email 'em and I bet they would rather get another one made than lose a sale!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

good suggestions there Stroppy, you clever girl you.

OH had a look at the settings on this lappy (again) and hey presto it's worked properly ever since. The router is only 2yrs old.

Photobucket

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

Glad that you have got things sorted CB.  Let's hope that we have you back full time now.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

computers!!!!!

clapping smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent