collecting items

well guys, I can see from the hobby thread that you are just as mad as me on the collecting front,

so lets have it....what do you collect then? I'd love to know.

me? any Booths British Scenery (it has cows on it)

I used to collect cows proper ones not jokey faced ones but I've no room now for them.

I still buy stuff even though I've nowhere to put it...I'm such a magpie

Photobucket

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

collecting items

I collect Yorkshire Terrier ornaments and also have been collecting a few sheep ornaments

Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I collect swarovski crystal figurines - I have quite a collection of cows

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I am not a collector personally but my daughter collects Michael Jackson memorabilia. She even has a genuine hand signed photograph.

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

Brannams terracotta pots, cups, jugs and animals,  this was a local firm that closed down a few years back after being here for a long long time. I don't have the green one but I do have 3 big and 2 small of the other one with different patterns, I also have 2 owls and a dog.

Large C1890 C.H Brannam Barum Devon 13" comical green catRARE C1930s ? Brannam Barnstaple Studio Pottery Large Stylised Cat with Flowers

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I used to collect Lilliput lane but I' sick o the sight of it now!  Still collect russian dolls and green glass bottles ( well it was suposed to be bottles but a few other green things crept in!)

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I collect gawd knows what! fairies indoors and out too many to take pictures! white china jugs, clocks and biscuit barrels and dust of course!

Ive got a box full of old fashioned chalk plates that im thinking of advertising! not sure what else to do with them as we have no room here.

Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

oh look at all your clocks, I'd be fast asleep in there in a moment, all that lovely ticking...

I must take a piccy of my blue and white.

Stroppy I didn't know you could get crystal moo's?

love the cats Ed...I'll have to have a look out for the green cat!

Photobucket

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I seem to collect cookery books but it's not a conscious decision; they just seem to have loads of really good ones in the charity shops and you have to make an effort don't you? 

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

Its fabric & teddy bears with me , oh & a bit of art glass 🙂

Love your clocks Dairy !

collecting items

I have about 120 Mugs, 60 Teapots, 50 Cruet Sets, over 100 Fridge Magnets, 6 bookcases full of books, about 250 soft toys, numerous ornaments and clocks.

I also collect stamps, coins and postcards.

Have just started a collection of 3d jigsaws.

Stamps, coins and postcards are in albums and the rest are displayed on shelves and racks.

As far as I am concerned, if it is displayed, it is not clutter.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

Mobile phones... I have at least 100, maybe more.. from the oldies to the present... trouble is, only 2 hands!
Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I collect too many things really!

Glass paperweights, Swarovski crystal animals (I too have some cows - they do a number of special

edition cows, Captainbovine, called whatever Mo, ie., halloweeen Mo, Soccer Mo, Lucky Mo etc, all

made in beautiful coloured crystal).  I love the sealife ones best but have others dating back to 1982

when we got married.

I collect Fosters Pottery which, like your pottery Blackadder, comes from a pottery which was in

Redruth, Cornwall, but has now closed down.

Also seahorses, owls, cats and unfinished projects!!

How many of something do you people think you should have before you can call it a collection?  I

love those little ornamental china swimming ladies (German, most of them are) but I only have three -

not sure that's a collection!

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I forgot I have a small collection of sticks, walking, thumb, & ornamental.

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

i had to google  thumb sticks  lol

i didnt realise i had seen them

i have lots of books,  i dont really collect them anymore

have been getting rid of a few  series types

i used to collect a few penguins but only have a few left, i had a few giraffes too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

Thumb stick, water buffaloes stick, Swaledale ewe horn stick, bearded collie stick.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I wont show them to the OH, he collects sticks as well,  he has also made 3 himself, two with stag horns and one with a nobbly bit of wood,  I like the way you have displaid them Sam very artistic, if I did that I would get moaned at.

P1016103.JPG

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

I like those Ed very nice, I have a confession I chucked mine in the vase cos I couldn't find anywhere else to shove em! ( no suggestions are required thanks! lol.)

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

one is one,

two is a pair,

three is a collection!!

I used to collect old teddy bears but I don't have the room now, they are all in OH's study keeping an eye on him!

If you've got the magpie instinct then it's not use denying it hahhahaaha....just keep on collecting.

Photobucket

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

collecting items

Here is a swarovski cow - this one is called "soccer mo", but they come in a variety of colours, and with various decoration - mostly they are limited editions only available for a limited time.

mo.JPG

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent